MetroidSkittles's CS:GO ZE Admin Application

Posted  Edited by MetroidSkittles

Name: Skittles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15263982
Discord Handle: Skittles#4934

Server Playtime: 9d 9h 57m

Your timezone: EST

What time of the day are you usually on ZE? EST Mid Afternoon Early Evening

Do you have any unique skill sets that can help with maintaining/improving the server? Customer Service experience

Are you in school or already in the workforce? Workforce

Are you able to understand any other languages besides English? No

Why do you want to become an admin?

Hi. I wanted to apply for admin to cover the US afternoon and early evening where I've noticed a bit of a gap. I have experience being an admin on GFL's old ze source server since 2013 I believe. I was a head admin for GFL CS:S granted it was hijacked at the time but I feel it's still valid. I was an admin on CS:GO in it's early stages so I'm familiar with the commands. I've played enough to be known by the community.

The question related to CS:GO vs CS:S culture came up. I would enforce the rules based on the rules given for the server not what I thought was best. Tonight for example I warned another player I knew from CS:S to not say a certain gamer word when he joined the server almost immediately cause I know he uses it frequently. You guys run your server differently and that's fine I don't feel I would have a conflict with this.

Edited by MetroidSkittles

Posted  Edited by Block

Been anticipating this one since you started on CSGO.

There's no question about your commitment to ZE, you've been around as long as I have been. I think you'd be a great benefit to our team. The only reservation that I have, and I believe a fair amount of our team shares, would be your willingness to adhere to our way of running a ZE server.

We've had some source admins become CSGO admins before, and while there were many who did exceptional, others did not want to enforce certain rules because of the culture and community of Source ZE compared to CSGO ZE. There's a disconnect between how source players want to play and run servers compared to CSGO servers, and even comparing the two GFL communities makes that obvious. And that's not to say one is better, both work for different reasons.

I think it would benefit your application if you expanded on that and how you would handle it.

As long as you're willing to adhere to our methods and enforce our rules, I would make this a +1

Edit: EZ +1

Edited by Block