DREAMA

DREAMA's CS:GO ZE Admin Application

Name: DREAMA
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47943057
Discord Handle: DREAMA#0472

Server Playtime: 459 hours

Your timezone: EST

What time of the day are you usually on ZE? Mostly mornings/early afternoons. A little bit during the night

Do you have any unique skill sets that can help with maintaining/improving the server? Customer Service experience

Are you in school or already in the workforce? Workforce

Are you able to understand any other languages besides English? No

Why do you want to become an admin?

It is no secret that even before Issic and kitty left the admin team, the admins were understaffed and now it has gotten worse. The morning/early afternoon hours have become insufferable. Mic spam, racism, trolling, edging etc is prevalent. Certain players can essentially take the server hostage during the morning/early afternoon time period since they know if they get reported, an admin is unlikely to respond immediately. Rod is the only admin that could potentially get on during the mornings so they do not see their actions as having any consequences. Even if they get punished retroactively, it does not change the fact that player time is wasted and it ruins the experience for everyone. To be frank, I have gotten tired of the toxic behavior that goes on in the mornings and many others have as well. I would like to help out in this regard so that morning/early afternoon times can be more enjoyable for myself and other players.

Neutral

I've seen you online and leading maps. Good qualities for an admin but I'm also looking for other qualities. Primarily, I'm referring to how you do under pressure and while the server is chaotic. Admins need to be composed while being harassed by the server and I'd like to see how you respond to those situations. Being an admin isn't all sunshine and abusing the server, you often get unwarranted backlash from players and learning how to handle it is crucial.

Another concern I have is burnout. Playing on ZE every day for hours at a time very easily leads to burnout. I've seen plenty of people grind for 5+ hours a day for 30+ days straight during their admin application leading hundreds of maps in order to prove themselves to be admin material. By the time they get accepted as an admin they're already burnt out.

While I love to see the enthusiasm about ZE, I want to give it a little bit more time both for you to decide if this is the correct move and for me to decide if it's the right move for you. It's going to be hard to follow but my advice to you would be this: find a happy balance with ZE, don't take anything too seriously, and don't live your next month like you're constantly taking a test -- you're not.

Having said all of that, I want to clarify that this isn't meant to discourage you. I think you're a fantastic candidate with amazing potential. I want to make sure you're ready for this position. Best of luck!

exist just to sleep

+1

Based on my interactions with you, you seem friendly and try your best to lead maps and guide new players. You also are very active. Best of Luck 

• 2 weeks later...

Neutral leaning +1

Hey, I see you a lot on the server, you do a lot of leading and i think youre a good guy. I think you'd definetly be a good addition to the admin team, however I want to know how you would deal with chaotic and wild situations where you'd have to make a important decisions. There is alot of things going on at peak hours where you can be the only admin in the server and decisions will be in your hands. There will be times you will have to bite your tounge if you cant control your reactions to trolls or toxic behavior. 

Also I agree with you on Rod being the only one in the morning, I used to be in the server alot in the morning betwee July-late september. It does get toxic even with the little amount of people. If you could be there in the morning I think you'd play a big role in managing the server without having it just be on rods shoulders. Ill give it a few more weeks of seeing you on the server to give a final decision. Thanks for applying!

Played MW2 as a child so I can take it. 

Neutral

I have only been able to take notice of you once so far since your date of application. I have been extremely busy, but I will work with what I was able to gather.
Positives I noticed:

• Strong presence on the server
  • Leading maps
  • Interacting with community

Negatives that can easily be improved:

• Frustrated with general player incompetence on the server
  • Making condescending remarks to the team
  • At risk for burnout

I definitely think you have what it takes to be an admin. I'll be paying attention so that you do not get stuck in limbo like so many candidates have before.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by DREAMA
On 11/18/2022 at 11:57 AM, Leado said:

Neutral leaning +1

Hey, I see you a lot on the server, you do a lot of leading and i think youre a good guy. I think you'd definetly be a good addition to the admin team, however I want to know how you would deal with chaotic and wild situations where you'd have to make a important decisions. There is alot of things going on at peak hours where you can be the only admin in the server and decisions will be in your hands. There will be times you will have to bite your tounge if you cant control your reactions to trolls or toxic behavior. 

Also I agree with you on Rod being the only one in the morning, I used to be in the server alot in the morning betwee July-late september. It does get toxic even with the little amount of people. If you could be there in the morning I think you'd play a big role in managing the server without having it just be on rods shoulders. Ill give it a few more weeks of seeing you on the server to give a final decision. Thanks for applying!

Thx for the reply Leado. Other admins mentioned the same concern. Hopefully I can have the chance to quell those concerns if my application gets accepted. My work schedule has since changed since I made this application so I will generally be on more during the evenings/afternoons now instead of the mornings.

On 11/21/2022 at 5:28 PM, Sneaky Weazel said:

Neutral

I have only been able to take notice of you once so far since your date of application. I have been extremely busy, but I will work with what I was able to gather.
Positives I noticed:

• Strong presence on the server
  • Leading maps
  • Interacting with community

Negatives that can easily be improved:

• Frustrated with general player incompetence on the server
  • Making condescending remarks to the team
  • At risk for burnout

I definitely think you have what it takes to be an admin. I'll be paying attention so that you do not get stuck in limbo like so many candidates have before.

Thx for the reply Sneaky.  I agree with your assessment of me as a player in general. There are things that I should try to work on. On one hand yes I am toxic sometimes towards other players when people play incompetently/refuse to listen, like you said. Especially towards people who either refuse to listen, or are regulars/know better. I think this stems from my competitiveness and trying to beat maps while some other players want to play more causally. On the other hand, I also have a lot of patience with new players and can also be very tolerant when people make mistakes with items or are new to a map that I am trying to lead. Really depends on the situation. Overall though I think I can try to work on reducing my negativity a bit.

On 10/31/2022 at 11:21 PM, Ixion said:

Neutral

I've seen you online and leading maps. Good qualities for an admin but I'm also looking for other qualities. Primarily, I'm referring to how you do under pressure and while the server is chaotic. Admins need to be composed while being harassed by the server and I'd like to see how you respond to those situations. Being an admin isn't all sunshine and abusing the server, you often get unwarranted backlash from players and learning how to handle it is crucial.

Another concern I have is burnout. Playing on ZE every day for hours at a time very easily leads to burnout. I've seen plenty of people grind for 5+ hours a day for 30+ days straight during their admin application leading hundreds of maps in order to prove themselves to be admin material. By the time they get accepted as an admin they're already burnt out.

While I love to see the enthusiasm about ZE, I want to give it a little bit more time both for you to decide if this is the correct move and for me to decide if it's the right move for you. It's going to be hard to follow but my advice to you would be this: find a happy balance with ZE, don't take anything too seriously, and don't live your next month like you're constantly taking a test -- you're not.

Having said all of that, I want to clarify that this isn't meant to discourage you. I think you're a fantastic candidate with amazing potential. I want to make sure you're ready for this position. Best of luck!

Thx for the thoughtful reply Ixion. I agree those are valid concerns. Time will tell I guess.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:10 PM, DeathNote said:

+1

Based on my interactions with you, you seem friendly and try your best to lead maps and guide new players. You also are very active. Best of Luck 

Easiest +1 of my life. Thank you fellow mako enjoyer.

Edited by DREAMA