lucbrand

lucbrand's Discord Appeal

Which Discords(s) are you appealing?: 

GFL rotation

Discord username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

アレハンドロ#0709

Why was action taken against you?: 

discussing illegal activity/piracy

Why should the action be reversed or reduced?

i actually had no idea that this was bannable. if i had or remembered i would have for sure just not even talked about it. it even surprised me tbh. but hey i would like an unban tbh

Just because it doesn't specifically say in our rules that you can't do specific illegal things doesn't mean that it's okay.  The law supersedes the rules.

We do have in our rules a small note about this too (which is also shown on discord): https://gflclan.com/topic/66657-discord-rules/#comment-318733

Please note: This is a global ruleset, so some rules may be added to division-specific Discords at the discretion of the Moderation TL in coordination with Division Leaders.  These are the guidelines followed by Moderators when a rule is broken. Please note that guidelines are only guidelines. Moderators may not follow them in special cases.  It must also be assumed that these guidelines are a subset of Discord Terms of Service (ToS) and their community guidelines, as well as any legal matters.

So far as whether this was against the rules or not: It definitely is against the rules.  I think the actions such a ban doesn't necessarily have to be required, but for past piracy related incidences we have banned for it, and so I think a ban was the right thing to do, but I'm open to further discuss this and can leave this open.  I'll communicate with the Seniors or see if they may post here; GMOD Discord moderators are also allowed to make relevant comments.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

well i guess its my fault for not reading discord tos after years of my account being created. and i guess i understand that since past people already did it. means i should get the same punishment. but yet here i am appealing for my mistake!

10 hours ago, lucbrand said:

i actually had no idea that this was bannable.

image.png.85b00d0fb143e4d997fb30303b9a8a7c.png

(For anyone not banned and would like to see it in chat, click here)

One of our moderators quite literally pointed out to you that it is against ToS and has resulted previously in some discord servers being removed. Your response to it, was "o... L then". So, you willingly acknowledged that it is against ToS, and completely ignored it. Really feels like you didn't care for the very fair warning. 

I honestly believe you should ride out this ban for a while. Besides this incident alone, you've had several infractions built up over the last few months, starting in September and being as recent as a mute about 1-2 weeks ago. This escalation, and your words shown in the screenshot, shows little to no regard for our rules and that of discord's itself. I am very much against an unban at this time, as you've spent absolutely no time at all reflecting on your actions, both last night and of recent.

I want to recommend to both the TL's and my other seniors that this ban remain at least for a duration of several months, or until such a time presents that we can all comfortably agree to an unban.

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)

It says the tos has gotten multiples servers because of it. And yet THERE WAS NO REAL WARNING LIKE THE ONES YALL PUT ON MY DMS LOL. Yall fuck my dms 24/7 with my NSFW? Now I do a mistake and I just get a mod saying that many servers have gotten fucked by it. And yet where is my warning A REAL WARNING THAT SAYS HEY U KNOW THIS IS ACTUALLY BANNABLE not some bs saying hey the tos has gotten many servers banned lmao. Come on dude. If u want me banned just do it idc, this is another proof of how ass the moderation team is and how pedophiles are still on that server and yet I BROUGHT proof OF IT and nah u said * there is not enough proof* lmao. Okay man have a great day I guess. I hope more pedophiles keep going on the server tbh. Let's see how ya handle them am i right? Or do u  need proof of their actions? Better answer with honesty!

But anyways welcome to gfl we allow pedophiles who confirmed in doing fan fics out of minors but since there is not enough proof we cant do nothing!!! But when it comes to emulation now then its serious. K 

Welp, I was meaning to work with you by leaving this open.  That was clearly a huge mistake.  I think I have no choice but to accept the recommendation from Wayne, which was in good alignment with my personal thoughts on this matter too.

We can act on a lot of things but for such serious accusations we will need real proof, and it needs to align with the correct definitions we can't be having silly people saying "Oh that 13 year old says she likes her boyfriend she's a pedo!"  We seriously get a lot of reports that look just like that, and quite honestly your frequent posting of sexualized content really did not help (people are reporting you for the above very often) and you did receive proper warnings for that in good alignment with our rules.  Anyhoo... these comments have absolutely nothing to do with your ban.

Li2FOhU.jpg

So far as the other serious content... we do have proof... you provided on your own that you were pirating a game.  I wont deny that I quite honestly think a lot of people do some similar actions... it's just what I think, but I have no proof and so I have little to nothing to act on.  Good news for most people is I'm usually not looking or trying to investigate things so if some people do things and there's no evidence, then I probably can't do anything about it.  So far as your case goes: I had proof.  I had to make a move.  Like they said in the extremely generous verbal some discords do get closed down and you did put us at risk if we did nothing, and something had be done.  The law supersedes the rules and warnings.

Based on the direction of this thread I knew that we made the right call by taking action.  It had to be done.  What didn't need to be done was leaving this as a perm. or lengthy ban and I was willing to leave it open and discuss those options, but your outburst shows some serious weight to what Wayne said.  I think your ban will have to stick for a little while.  This isn't a community ban so you should still have access to other parts of GFL and hopefully good behaviour on those platforms will help your future appeals.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152