The1337Gh0st

Fistful of Traitors Event Feedback

Fistful of Traitors Event Feedback  

21 members have voted

1. 1. did you like the event?

2. 2. do you think this version of ttt has potential as its own standalone server?

3. 3. would you like to see some of the features (e.g. kicking) get carried over to the base version?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2022 at 05:00 AM

Posted  Edited by The1337Gh0st - Edit Reason: fixed more text

event is pretty much over, and I'd like some feedback on the event to see if it was good or not

feel free to submit any mechanics you feel like should stay (provided that some mechanics, such as gun throwing will likely not be considered due to how complex it is to maintain it) or if you have any ideas on how the gamemode itself could be better

if people seem to like it enough, I'll do another poll later to see if it should be added in

Edited by The1337Gh0st
fixed more text

Achievements

I think hats, kicking, and dynamite are 3 things that could stay.

Hats are just fun in general and don't effect gameplay, maybe the pointshop should be improved so that if you buy a hat and die, someone else can pick it up.

Kicking is also a fun thing, another method of melee attacking that does more damage than a crowbar, does knockback, but is also very limited by the attack speed and the fact you can't move while kicking. I would say that I want to keep the walk key, so it would be nice if kicking could be bound to a different key.

Dynamite is more powerful than any of the current grenades in the game, but it has the drawback of making an extremely recognizable hissing sound. It would work a lot better imo than simply adding a frag grenade, dynamite is just more fun.

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

Honestly, a lot of the ideas and concepts from the event don't fuse with that manic-overmobile gameplay style of anarchy.

Needing to stand still for kicks and accuracy doesn't mesh well with what players anarchy expect for ttt4, and I think that contributed greatly to the general burnout of the event as it came to a close. The fist full of frags update can definitely stand alone as its own server with its own unique flavor, but as it stands the playerbase -- or at least I -- don't come to anarchy for that particular style of gameplay.

Spoiler

"You can't sammy my feelings" -ajmears

"why should i tell you how i acutally am i mean last time you yelled at me unfreinded me and did all of that / like give me reason why i should trust you now" -Alex
"They're writing shark erotica in the discord / FUCK" -foxy lady

• 2 weeks later...

i personally think kicking doesn't fit in the base ttt combat because it would probably not be very practical to do without movement inaccuracy

the purpose of kicking is a sort of high-risk high-reward option where landing a kick stuns your opponent and makes them very inaccurate, but missing a kick leaves you extremely vulnerable

without movement inaccuracy though, it's just a very slow way to deal 25 damage before your opponent just shoots you from midair

that 25 damage was more useful with the fistful weapons' specific damage thresholds, slow fire rates, and slow reload times

with fast fire rates, large magazine capacities, and quick reloads, it's not really a great option for finishing players off

however, kicking props into people is still probably going to be fun and also situationally useful

idk what a standalone server would mean though i think it'll be fun but it would probably attract a different playerbase from anarchy

On 12/9/2022 at 11:09 AM, wget said:

i personally think kicking doesn't fit in the base ttt combat because it would probably not be very practical to do without movement inaccuracy

the purpose of kicking is a sort of high-risk high-reward option where landing a kick stuns your opponent and makes them very inaccurate, but missing a kick leaves you extremely vulnerable

without movement inaccuracy though, it's just a very slow way to deal 25 damage before your opponent just shoots you from midair

that 25 damage was more useful with the fistful weapons' specific damage thresholds, slow fire rates, and slow reload times

with fast fire rates, large magazine capacities, and quick reloads, it's not really a great option for finishing players off

however, kicking props into people is still probably going to be fun and also situationally useful

idk what a standalone server would mean though i think it'll be fun but it would probably attract a different playerbase from anarchy

I personally enjoy it, less for the damage but more for the knockback. It would be a funny way of knocking people off cliffs

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif