duhmize

duhmize's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Randy Beans

SteamID: 76561199015189303

Admin that banned you: N/A

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Mute

Why should you be unbanned?

Hi, I hope you're doing well. 

I was just muted for "racism" due to a joke I made in the server. I did not use any sort of racist or derogatory language and have a clip of the guy who I was joking with agree that he wasn't offended by it - if you would like this clip from just after I got muted of the individual saying it, please let me know. I understand the interpretation that may have come off from the joke as it was close to a racist slur but that was not what I said nor what I intended. I am always careful with what I say on the server, and am apologetic that my joke came off in an improper fashion. I hope that this will be understood as a misunderstanding.

Best,

Randy

To give more context, I was talking to sn4x and was explaining after Beans on The Gang joined that now there are two beans in the server, and then i asked sn4x if he was mexican because I recall him saying he was and he said yeah, so i laughed and said oh we have 3 beans! because beans are pretty common in mexican culture / diets lol

Yeah I saw the clip myself, though the person it being said to didn't take offense to it doesn't mean it wasn't offensive. It was clear what the intension was there..

In hindsight I can see how it may have been interpreted as that but I assure you that wasn't my intention. As someone who is trying to better the server actively (reports, drafting a moderator application, making suggestions to current moderators) this was improper of me and I apologize. I hope you will understand this. I accept my punishment, and hope that it does not affect my future applications.

I'll give you another chance, jokes are like that are pretty serious. Also, all past mutes are usually taken into account when applications are submitted, usually depends on the amount of time between the infractions.

Reminder that this is your third chance now:

So would be very weary in the future.