EasyPK

EasyPK's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Noobspanker

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17243548

Admin that banned you: Akott/Amy

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): perm ban

Why should you be unbanned?

i could use a little more of an explanation as to why i was perma banned on gfl servers over comments i have no recollection making, the ban was very vague, it says "pedo accusations" and makes almost no sense in context to what the conversations were about tonight and the amount of talking that i usually do. unless a joke about Jbiden or discord within a ever fleeting chat, full of timers nonsense and spam - thats about all i can think of. if theres a valid, gross message that gives reason for a perm ban ill gladly eat it and move on, as i only came to GFL to quietly surf, and appear to be on a certain moderator's hitlist. I barely remember interacting with amy ever, as i was told she was opinionated and had a bad reputation for being banning anyone who disagrees with her, but she wasnt even playing the game tonight, was no where to be seen, not voice or in game, but gave me a perma ban over what i'll assume is a tame chat message that appeared on screen for 0.01 seconds a half hour after anything discord related was mentioned. 

Light, jesting comments were made about bazinga and the big bang theory/discord to someone who was laughing about them, and saying they had absolutely no problem with me. if these were the comments that got me banned, then i guess im never speaking again

was thinking about filing a abuse of admin report but that feels a little vindictive. if i can try to stay on the high road and just surf in peace without being targetted that would be great as the server is usually a great way to relax and wind down

Posted  Edited by Dini

Amy is the same as every admin, the difference is all the degens that are banned just say utter nonsense because a female admin banned them. Or it's just because most of them are sexist, either way all admins would ban for the same exact things.

For your ban I was sent a clip of you arguing with others "edating" and then you called them groomers. This is just coming from what I have seen in the clip since I was not there when this occurred. 

Edited by Dini

didnt mean for you to take so much offense at that but glad i'm already viewed as a degen, when i was just trying to give some detail about the experience and how i felt. so it was amidst some chaos? thats interesting there would be a clip, it sounds funny and in no way harmful. Guess i'll try to quietly surf somewhere else without politics/constant arguing, seems its hard to stay out of the line of fire with such a controversial view on the world. 

Posted  Edited by Dini

Didn't take offense to it nor did I call you a degen, was explaining why most think of our one female admin that way. The issue with the statement you made is because it's a major accusation to make against anyone. It's not like the admins are given a book of people confirmed with documented proof to track whether that sort of thing is true or not. So, just blindly throwing that word towards people can be quite damaging.

Edited by Dini

Posted  Edited by EasyPK - Edit Reason: added

are you aware of the current events concerning discord? it is a common joke, that discord users are "groomers" it wasnt really a personal attack, as i would have to formally know the person, and have a relationship with them, for it to be a personal attack, if it was a personal attack i would own it as such. It was a meme.

edit* its late, but for 2+ years this has been a running internet joke, and recently the company is under actual investigation.

Anyway, I couldnt tell you who i was talking to as i typically dont pay attention outside of trying to surf in itself, but i do understand that users may be sensitive to being called a pedo within a closed community like GFL - and would avoid accusing anyone of such things in the future.

Edited by EasyPK
added

I do know about the situation with discord and how it's still a major problem they haven't addressed. It still is quite an attack on a person accusing them of something that bizarre when it just sounded like friendly banter was going on. Having that be allowed would just continue for more and more people in the future to call said person the same thing due to hearing it the one time. It would then just follow said person and continuously harass them. 

I won't fully unban but I can reduce it to 1 day instead of permanent since you do seem genuine about the whole sitatuation. It would be wise to not to make accusations of that sort against people in my servers in the future.

thanks for understanding, and i appreciate it whole-heartedly. typically i'll only interject like that if its a long drawn out conversation and i'm tired of hearing it, but next time i'll use my voice_enable 0 bind to great effect. without seeing the clip myself to see how actually attacking i was being i cant say if it was a real accusation or not but i do understand, that things such as that could be echoed and cause real harm. not trying to cause waves, just sometimes a troll.

Went ahead and changed it to 1day so it will expire in ~24 hours from now, for your sake I wouldn't recommend doing it again.