Tendies's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by Tendies - Edit Reason: Changed punishment

Steam Name(s): Tendies

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:16893066

Admin that banned you: Akott

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Web Ban- perm

Why should you be unbanned?

I was banned for "false pedo accusations"
On the surf server there was a european talking and everything he was saying was very sexualized, talking about how he wanted to get another players friends instagram to see if she was "a baddie". I asked the player how old they were which they responded "25", I then asked them what the legal age of consent was which they said "16 years old". I then said "oh so you're a pedophile? okay" and muted the player on my end. Nothing more was said to the player at the time then however many hours later I was banned for false pedo accusations.
I believe this is an unfair ban as the legal age of consent in the United States is 18 years old and the user who said the age of consent is 16 years old would be considered a pedophile if they did have anything to do with a 16 year old in the United States. If you think its okay for a 25 year old male to even consider that the legal age of consent is 16 when talking about American citizens I think there's a bigger issue lying here. 

Edited by Tendies
Changed punishment

Posted  Edited by Dini

Whilst I agree with you, I do not want people freely calling others on the servers pedos because if it is untrue then it's a serious accusation to make against someone. If it is true and it occurs on the servers then I would hope players would report it so actions can be taken up against said player. You are someone that has also been part of the server for 3 or so years now with minimal infractions so I can give a second chance. I am hoping you learned from this and will stay clear from people such as the person you were talking to and report it rather than get yourself into trouble again in the future.

Edited by Dini