lobsterpaw

bring back the fistful of frags event

I was gonna have a pokemon event for april fools in semi-style of western event(being a temp full weapon revamp) but that never happened due to issues with the Classes addon for TTT2 having shit documentation and loads of bugs. 

I definitely would love to bring back the Fistful of Frags event, but i'll also love to do more themed events like this. Alas the only real good options I know of right now are "ARRCW Event" and "Wget's TTT Overhaul". 

2 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

I was gonna have a pokemon event for april fools in semi-style of western event(being a temp full weapon revamp) but that never happened due to issues with the Classes addon for TTT2 having shit documentation and loads of bugs. 

I definitely would love to bring back the Fistful of Frags event, but i'll also love to do more themed events like this. Alas the only real good options I know of right now are "ARRCW Event" and "Wget's TTT Overhaul". 

I'm sorry I know this isn't on topic but given how badly received Wget's sprinting addon was I think doing an event that adds Wget's complete overhaul of the mode would not go well both because of the harassment you'll most likely unfortunately get and the fact that it could kill the server population for the duration of the event

Am I a Fruit or Vegetable?

2 hours ago, Tomato19 said:

I'm sorry I know this isn't on topic but given how badly received Wget's sprinting addon was I think doing an event that adds Wget's complete overhaul of the mode would not go well both because of the harassment you'll most likely unfortunately get and the fact that it could kill the server population for the duration of the event

speak for yourself. the server did great during the fof (wget's creation) event. lots of people enjoyed it. not to mention that one of wget's mods being disliked by some people does not at all mean we should completely disqualify any of her other stuff from being implemented for a limited time event. i get that you don't like her maps or her sprint rework (you tell us all quite a lot) but this argument just makes 0 sense.

piss

1 minute ago, lobsterpaw said:

speak for yourself. the server did great during the fof (wget's creation) event. lots of people enjoyed it. not to mention that one of wget's mods being disliked by some people does not at all mean we should completely disqualify any of her other stuff from being implemented for a limited time event. i get that you don't like her maps or her sprint rework (you tell us all quite a lot) but this argument just makes 0 sense.

Three things first stating that "Some people" disliked the sprint addon is really understating how badly it was received. Second I wasn't talking about all her work just the sprint addon as that overhauled an important part of ttt so I believe that if she overhauled the whole mode it wouldn't go well. Third you make it sound like I'm the only one when in fact many people don't like the four and sixteen buttons maps or the sprinting addon and most people who say they like the maps are usually meming as I've been on many many times where the maps are rtved nearly instantly

Am I a Fruit or Vegetable?

3 hours ago, wget said:

fact: 4buttons is the most well-received map in the history of ttt

also i didn't make 16buttons (which was 4x as well-received)

personally 16buttons is a bastardization and unnecessarily complicates the beauty of the button gameplay

17 hours ago, Tomato19 said:

Three things first stating that "Some people" disliked the sprint addon is really understating how badly it was received. Second I wasn't talking about all her work just the sprint addon as that overhauled an important part of ttt so I believe that if she overhauled the whole mode it wouldn't go well. Third you make it sound like I'm the only one when in fact many people don't like the four and sixteen buttons maps or the sprinting addon and most people who say they like the maps are usually meming as I've been on many many times where the maps are rtved nearly instantly

"i wasn't talking about all her work, but i am presuming it would not be received well specifically because she is making it" 

interesting how you consider the supposed apocalyptic reception of her sprint rework but seem to forget the success of her fof overhaul 🤔 especially considering fot is much more comparable to a ttt overhaul than an individual sprint change

piss

To toss in a bit here:

The TTT overhaul includes a lot of changes and im not 100% sure if the sprint rework is even included by default. Please calm the fuck down Tomato  i was just listing off examples of stuff to do for events.

On 4/2/2023 at 4:26 AM, Cpt.Haxray said:

To toss in a bit here:

The TTT overhaul includes a lot of changes and im not 100% sure if the sprint rework is even included by default. Please calm the fuck down Tomato  i was just listing off examples of stuff to do for events.

my toss in a bit: tttwr is actually bad i just threw a bunch of mechanics together that's why im rewriting the whole thing to include fot-style mechanics which will make it objectively and factually better

(also mainly rewriting it to be more modular and easier to work with, since the initial intention is to put it up on github and let people copy stuff from it)

btw like half of tttwr changes are already used in this server (off the top of my head: flaregun, knife, newton, health station, magneto stick, etc), the biggest stuff that's not in the server is the base weapon changes that basically eliminates quick one-shot kills (apart from the shotguns)

most controversial change probably is the change for sniper rifles that makes it so they don't kill in one headshot unless you hold down m1 to charge it up which shows a visible laser beam

i personally think this is an awkward mechanic but ttt being a sniper simulator is supremely boring

i eventually swallowed The Big Red Pill that is the problem is not with the sniper rifle weapon itself, it's just that a lot of ttt maps are simply boring so i just removed rooftops and waterworld and dolls and etc from our server collection and it made the game significantly more fun