kneegerrlover123

Consilia ab irato

Posted  Edited by Syntax

I have compiled a list of plugins/suggestions that would benefit the server, as well as ways in which the server could improve itself through simple steps.

1. Switch Anticheat: Matrix is the manifestation of the word TRASH, it constantly false flags, and the aimbot detection is bad because it interferes with the gameplay, I always turn around to find a random steve swinging at me, which is hilarious to some extent until it causes confusion for even someone as experienced as I am, mind the new players. Alternative: NoCheatPlus (Once you get it, customize it. Default NCP is horrible), NCP is a lot safer than many other anti-cheats, you'll have less of a problem with it, there's also Spartan, but you MUST configure it.
  2. Use Better Formatting: From how bad /rules looks to how horrible the TAB LIST presents itself, the formatting and coloring of a server can define it and it's staff, even the message you receive upon first joining looks disastrous, you can also customize /help so it can change colors, I recommend "&9" as it fits GFL's Theme. The broadcasts also look terrible and everything looks out of place.
  3. Custom Commands: Believe it or not, harvesting new players with a server as weird and deformed as GFL's is a hard task, and it gets worse when commands that are familiar to players such as /buy, /website, and /info are not present.
  4. Disable /plugins: Whoever forgot to disable this must be a mad man, it is an invitation for other people to copy your hard work.
  5. Promote Voting: When I'm usually on the server, no staff member is on, and nobody's voting. So I checked, and to my surprise, there's no /vote. Voting is a crucial part when it comes to advertising a server, it can save on countless hours of manual advertisement, mutual inviting, and discord chats.
  6. Switch RTP: It's just bad if a new user joins, would like to RTP, and is presented instead with a list of commands he can utilize, that would be an instant 'No, thank you. Bye.', since this is a Survival-based server, I would recommend programming /rtp to override the original command and link to "/rtp gui".
  7. Switch LuckPerms: Yikes, don't know who installed this monster, but please use something like PEX, LP is confusing and can cause a hassle in-case of new management, it is not suitable for a staff environment as flexible as GFL's.
  8. Unused Plugins: Citizens and the likes of it are heavy plugins, yet while surfing /pl (the irony, lol), I found out that many plugins were not being used, or at least not to their full extent, any plugin that is not being used on the main server must be removed. It can be installed on localhost, worked on, checked on a YAML checker and then re-installed back on the server. Also, the shops do not work.
  9. Install ProtocolSupport: Also, in case you need a plugin that reverts back to 1.8 mechanics, I can do that. But seriously, people would like to join from all versions, if this doesn't work try ViaVersion.
  10. Install ClearLagg: An important plugin, I don't know why it's not installed yet, one of the basics.

I'm a bit tired now, it's 9:32 AM. I'll post more suggestions later, but for the most part, these are basic issues that have to be addressed. Other than that, it just comes down to the integrity of the server, it feels like it's something out of 2011.

Edited by Syntax

Achievements