CS:GO ZE Mapping Contest
We're excited to announce that GFL is partaking in a CS:GO ZE Mapping Contest alongside GUC, ggeasy, Mapeadores, Net4All, Revenant, Steam-Gamers, Supreme Elite, Zeddy Gaming, and Zombie Rage.
How do I enter the contest?
To enter you must create a ZE map and follow these rules:
- Include this banner somewhere prominent in the map: https://i.imgur.com/vvlbYV9.png
- Upload your map to https://gamebanana.com/maps/add?gameid=4660 with "CSGO ZE MAPPING CONTEST" in the description before December 7th, 12 AM CEST.
Follow the other rules listed in the spoiler box below:
- Submissions must support up to 64 players.
- Submissions must be considered "original"; rethemes, version 2's or copies of other ZE maps are not allowed.
- Submissions can use pre-existing assets models, textures, or ZE prefabs (example) but enough work must be done to consider the submission new.
- Each entrant may submit more than one map.
- Each entrant's highest-ranking submission is the only one that will count. (This is to prevent entrants from winning multiple prizes)
- Team-based entries are allowed, but the entrants will have to decide and agree on how to split any prize awarded.
- Entries can be modified after the deadline if it's to fix big issues (ex: server crash), but a penalty will be applied.
- Judges cannot enter or assist entrants.
- The size of the map may not exceed 150MB.
- The map must be compiled with HDR lighting.
Optionally, you can also:
- Join the CS:GO Mapping Contests Discord: https://discord.gg/34ksHbe
- Join our CS:GO ZE Discord: https://discord.gg/Bkfwg4q
There will be five contest winners. Every community involved has pitched into the prize pool and GFL contributed $150. The prize pool is currently at a total of $600 which will be distributed as follows:
- 1st place: $260
- 2nd place: $175
- 3rd place: $90
- 4th place: $50
- 5th place: $25
The prize pool is subject to change as communities may join and contribute at a later date. This post will be updated to reflect any changes.
Maps are judged against four criteria:
Aesthetics (Does the map look beautiful and well designed?)
Gameplay (Is the map balanced and fun?)
Replayability (Can the map be enjoyed in many ways, more than once?)
Originality (Are the map's assets and theme overused or original?)
2 judges will come from each community involved!
If you have any questions, please ask by responding to this topic or ask in the aforementioned CS:GO Mapping Contests Discord.
Thanks to @Liloz01 for writing this announcement.
Edited by Nick