pHase5694

Can't connect

Hi @pHase5694,

Can you try performing a trace route to the server's IPv4 address? You can do this in Windows by executing the following command in Command Prompt:

tracert 216.52.148.47

Please provide the results afterwards. If you'd like, you may also PM them to me.

With that said, are you using a VPN to connect to the website? If not, I will use the IPv4 address you signed in with and do a trace route from the server to your IPv4 address to see what it looks like from the server's end.

Thank you.

Posted  Edited by pHase5694

@Roy

Tracing route to c-216-52-148-47.managed-ded.premium-chicago.nfoservers.com [216.52.148.47]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home [192.168.1.1]
  2    15 ms     5 ms     5 ms  c-216-52-148-47.managed-ded.premium-chicago.nfoservers.com [216.52.148.47]

Trace complete.

No I'm not using a VPN.

Edited by pHase5694

25 minutes ago, pHase5694 said:

@Roy

Tracing route to c-216-52-148-47.managed-ded.premium-chicago.nfoservers.com [216.52.148.47]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  Fios_Quantum_Gateway.fios-router.home [192.168.1.1]
  2    15 ms     5 ms     5 ms  c-216-52-148-47.managed-ded.premium-chicago.nfoservers.com [216.52.148.47]

Trace complete.

No I'm not using a VPN.

What an interesting route you have there. Are you located in Chicago? Even if so, I don't think you would route directly from your router to Internap's/NFO's network, lol. I guess FIOS is doing some funky routing here. However, it does appear to reply in the end.

I just want to confirm, have you tried connecting directly through the in-game console? You can read this thread to see how to do that along with some possible causes to this:

Thanks!

16 hours ago, pHase5694 said:

@Roy

I'm located in New York and I tried connecting through the console but it times out.

Are you more towards the west side of New York? I feel 5ms ping is too good (even with fiber) from New York to Chicago.

As for the issue itself, do you have CS:S or GMod? If so, can you try connecting to our CS:S BHop server (72.5.195.96:27015) or GMod TTT #1 server (216.52.143.162:27015)?

If you aren't able to connect to them and it times out, I would suggest reading this post for further troubleshooting steps:

Thanks.

Posted  Edited by pHase5694 - Edit Reason: Fixed issue.

@Roy

I live in the East side of New York. I tried connecting to the Source and GMod servers but they timed out as well. I'm going try to troubleshoot using the the steps in the post.

Edit: I solved the Issue with my ISP. My ISP refreshed my IP and now I can connect to the ZE server.  It is possible that NFO could have been blocking my IP. 

Edited by pHase5694
Fixed issue.

@pHase5694 The routing your ISP is doing from your view is very strange (it realistically wouldn't take two hops from your router to the destination in Chicago, and if you have Verizon, they don't peer directly with Internap/NFO). However, considering you still get a reply from the destination server, NFO/Internap wouldn't be blocking you. I'd say it's something on your ISP's/router's side.

Thanks.