_Rocket_

Game Development Project

Howdy everyone. So, I might update this post later on to include future updates.

I am currently developing a game right now. It is a precision platformer designed in a unique way. Maps can literally be made in any image editor. MS paint, Paint.net (What I am using to design the gameplay), Photoshop, etc.

I am not going to show any in-game footage, but I can showcase a few nips of code haha.   

image.thumb.png.a881cb57d2c61c99675e811da802e68e.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by _Rocket_
Made it easier to notice when a snip begins and ends.
  • Like 1

Damn. C-based programming languages are so dang cool, being a Java programmer myself, I can't help myself but notice the similarities between Java, C++, and especially C#. Goodluck on your game!

Achievements

2 hours ago, Syntax said:

Damn. C-based programming languages are so dang cool, being a Java programmer myself, I can't help myself but notice the similarities between Java, C++, and especially C#. Goodluck on your game!

Lol fun fact, I actually started programming with Java. I've used C++ for roughly 7 months now I believe, but I have used Java for a full year.

3 hours ago, Syntax said:

Oh and if you're curious, you may notice a class named "String", like in Java. That's because I made a line of code that allows me to use String as a reference to std::string

The line is:

using String = std::string;

So boom, gottem bois. I could have also used a macro, but I really didn't care. I just decided to use the "using" keyword because that's what I like to do with std::string and sometimes std::vector.

Edited by _Rocket_
Too many colons