Gustavus

An extensive guide to claiming special innocent roles as an evil role.

Posted  Edited by Gustavus

DISCLAIMER: I know the title says “Extensive”, but keep in mind you should implement your own strategies in terms of claiming roles (Also you’re reading a guide made by Gustavus Aldoggus, the most bitter piece of shit you’ll ever meet.). Treat this guide more so as a baseline to build off of, not as an absolute.

Detective: Don’t claim it lol. Only exception is doppleganger - > detective or being a defective, which in that case you visually show up as a detective so your only job is to just not get caught doing evil shit.

Spy: Claim it if you’re the last traitor with a spy and the spy hasn’t claimed spy yet, then immediately kill the spy that’s left alive. You can also just claim it if there’s not a spy in the round as a traitor. Is an excellent claim as a non-traitor evil role (IE jackal) and you just killed a traitor. You don’t really have to put much active effort into maintaining the facade of being spy unless someone says something along the lines of “Oh then buy me a sandwich” And you’re not an evil with a shop, but in that case just say you don’t have credits lol 

Beacon: Don’t claim it lol (Beacons are instantly proven after getting 3 buffs, and any smart player can tell you’re not beacon due to beacon having a movement speed buff)

Priest: Don’t claim this if you’re a non-traitor evil role (AND DO NOT CLAIM THIS IF YOU’RE A JACKAL, PLS). If you’re a traitor, then pretend to “Holy deagle” Your t buddies, and if there’s another priest in the round claim Mimic turned priest. Is a risky role to claim overall, but the payoff of potentially proving your T buddies is quite nice. You won’t be able to get away with claiming to be a priest though for more than ~2 minutes though, since eventually people will go “Wait a second, this guy isn’t actually holy deagling anyone!” so end the game quick if you plan on claiming to be a priest.

Pharaoh: Really only useful to claim this as Restless. Wait ~7 seconds after reviving before talking in chat so as to appear like it took you 10 seconds to revive. Don’t bother claiming Pharaoh if your body was identified. If there’s already a Pharaoh in the game you can try to claim Mimic turned Pharaoh.

Survivalist: Generally speaking claiming survivalist is kind of a bad idea, due to the max limit of there being 2 survivalists, and survivalist showing up as a gray blip on spy/surv/detective radar, meaning any of those 3 roles can instantly disprove your survivalist claim. If you really want to claim survivalist though, I would recommend asking the following first; “Hey detectives and survivalist, anyone have a radar?” If asked why you’re asking, say you want to know where people are, and if no one has a radar of the following roles, then claim survivalist ig. If there’s already 2 confirmed survivalist (chances are there is) claim mimic turned survivalist. If you can manage to dispose of an unidentified survivalist corpse (flare gun, eating it as glutton, just hideing it, etc.) it can help to reinforce your survivalist claim, but chances are a det or surv is just going to buy a radar and make you cry.

Wrath/Lycanthrope: Don't claim it lol, those roles don't even know they're that role lol. If you really want to claim them for some reason, claim mimic turned Wrath/Lycanthrope and mention the person you "stole" the role from to make it look a bit more legit (Sweet bonus to this is that person will probably trust you since that sounds like something an actual mimic would state and they can't disprove you).

Note: Duplicating any of these startegies in a really obvious/shitty way is an excellent Jester play, so if you're a jester keep that in mind.  

Edited by Gustavus

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who reads this recently all of the mimic strats are kind of outdated as it pops up in giant letters that a mimic copied your role so you can't really use it to claim a role without being instantly called out

17 hours ago, Burriss75 said:

For anyone who reads this recently all of the mimic strats are kind of outdated as it pops up in giant letters that a mimic copied your role so you can't really use it to claim a role without being instantly called out

Fair point, i need to think of a strat to replace the rephrence to claiming mimic in this scenario.  Currently i can't think of any valid way to claim something similar to mimicking someone's role so i guess that strat is dead