Jitter

move this back to discord

3 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

please put more effort into suggestions, though this isn't something that needs much just put like an actual reason thanks.

so people actually use it

People misused the discord voting, duplicates constantly popped up, constant shit posts, and at the end of the day it was too hard to sift through the piles of suggestions and accurately see what needed assessed. It was incredibly, for lack of a better word, diluted. When it takes effort to make a suggestion through the forums (which this post lacks), you get better, more concise suggestions. You can also get a clearer discussion on specific suggestions rather than the discussion being delegated to a general chat, or just represented by a thumb up or down. It was impossible to keep cohesive.

At the end of the day, moving the suggestions to the forums was an upgrade in every sense of the word, and going back would really hurt the core idea of a suggestion board.

RosaSignature1.thumb.png.b6809595ab04786c0ec6f011b9d1f862.png

I disagree with completely moving suggestions to discord
I think the forums is easier to make people put more effort into their suggestions
It's also easier for people to talk about suggestions and find previous suggestions

However I do think there is stuff we can do to increase awareness of these suggestions
Like copying TTT MC, and doing what they do in their #ttt-mc-suggestions channel, posting the links to each suggestion in the discord so people see it. And yes I mean each suggestion though I know Sophie won't want to do that. Making people aware of every suggestion can help even the poor suggestions get expanded upon and become good suggestions (or at least decent suggestions).

Discord bot was crap for getting actual input from the community.
Sure you could talk about the suggestions, but they'd just get buried under other conversations.
People shit post a LOT on there.
and it was more difficult to search for past suggestions to make sure you aren't copying someone else. 

Forums are better, just need to make more people aware of the suggestions that are being made. I think saying "if they don't use the forums thats on them" is pretty ignorant, and that we should encourage peopel to use the forums by showing them the suggestions.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

i feel we should have both, simply because the limit to forums keeps players who either dont know, dont understand, or dont care, about forums, but care about the server, to be basically unheard.

discord doesnt do well for talk on it, while forums doesnt do well for getting all player input.

2Q-1.png

15 hours ago, Agent L the Octoling said:

the limit to forums keeps players who either dont know, dont understand, or dont care, about forums, but care about the server, to be basically unheard

strongly agree with this. the forums are rarely posted on by a lot of the players who regularly play on the server. forums are, for a lot of people, outdated. i'm not entirely sure how to properly implement a solution here, but the lack of community input (on all fronts, frankly, not just suggestions) is severe. off the top of my head, i think a good starting place could be having a bot that automatically posts a link to any new threads posted on the forums. this could either be all threads in anarchy, or just suggestions. 

piss

• 2 weeks later...