InvoluntaryCelery

Why does one have to claim Survivalist to be able to take points from bodies?

There are multiple roles that can become Survivalist: Unknown, Amnesiac, Mimic, Drunk, Undecided. Now even in a situation where all Survivalists are alive and have claimed their role, there are ways to become Survivalist in pretty much any moment of the game. So why is it necessary to even claim that you are Survivalist, when in theory anyone is capable of being Survivalist at any point of the round?

Simply put, one can always claim to be a Survivalisist. Therefore there is no reason for players to "prove" they can take points. Players should be able to take points without being KOS'd as default, as it is never enough evidence to be certain that they are Evil role.

As far as I'm aware, players are NOT allowed to KOS people because they took credits, purely because Survivalist exists and, like you said, tons of roles can turn into Survivalist. If both Survivalists are dead/already claimed, I can understand being suspicious of a player taking credits but definitely not killing them outright.

However, there's nothing wrong with people asking for your role when you take credits. In that scenario, the only answer you can give without being KOSed is Survivalist (or just not answering the question, I guess). As an admin, if someone were to be killed for claiming Innocent after taking credits, I wouldn't view that as RDM warranting a warn because, well, Innocents can't take credits.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:19 PM, lord of burgers said:

the only answer you can give without being KOSed is Survivalist

technically you COULD say you are spy, but that would make you a target for other traitors and make you suspicious whether or not you are actually a spy.

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif