stove

Inventory player models

This server should have an option in !zclass to use your equipped agent models from your inventory, as there aren't that too many options to choose from on the server (that I like at least). Maybe restrict this option to Supporters/VIPs as to not devalue these ranks? This would allow audio from the radio commands and (might) fix the buggy overlapping gloves/sleeves that are a part of the custom player models.

Maybe this has already been suggested  somewhere else / sometime in the past when the agents were first introduced. Would CSGO's operation agents not fit the aesthetic of the server? What about the default factions' player models also being options (SAS, Phoenix, Elite Crew models, etc.)?

Posted  Edited by Vauff
On 7/9/2022 at 9:09 PM, stove said:

This would allow audio from the radio commands

This is intentionally disabled for all models, would get rather hectic with 64 players.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:09 PM, stove said:

and (might) fix the buggy overlapping gloves/sleeves that are a part of the custom player models.

Funny you mention this, because I believe I found the fix for this and implemented it today without even seeing this thread, but it was unrelated to custom player models regardless.

As for the overall suggestion, I'm not against the idea in general. But it's not currently feasible since default CS:GO models won't work with our client side transparency packs, as the models VMT files are within CS:GO's .vpk files and cannot be easily overridden to add transparency. We may be able to revisit this idea in the future though if a proper !hide plugin seems feasible without performance issues after a hardware upgrade.

Edited by Vauff