wget

sprint rework addon (win!!)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2873651365

image.png.2098cfa9a88288104eff24703d6ed095.png

this adds a third-person sprinting animation (instead of the running animation just playing at double speed) and prevents people from using sprint in combat and also stops people from bypassing the stamina meter by jumping repeatedly

even though im someone that abuses sprint jumping and sprint in combat, i think it doesn't belong in the game and it would be more fun for everyone if sprint is just a way to get short bursts of speed (which is literally how it works in every other videogame)

i hate having to constantly sprint jump everywhere, it makes my left pinky finger hurt a lot, i want to have fun playing trouble in terrorist town without getting carpal tunnel syndrome thanks

in exchange maybe increase the sprint timer, since the default of 1.67 feels too short, something like these values might work:

ttt2_sprint_stamina_consumption 0.3

ttt2_sprint_stamina_regeneration 0.15

these are half of the default values so this basically doubles the stamina bar (3.33 secs of sprinting)

Posted  Edited by Stargazthepie

-1 i love the current springing system. oh and if you are getting carpal tunnel id reccomend a small padding surface for your wrist, it has helped me alot with that

Edited by Stargazthepie

Reach for the stars, there you will find pie.

26 minutes ago, Stargazthepie said:

-1 i love the current springing system. oh and if you are getting carpal tunnel id reccomend a small padding surface for your wrist, it has helped me alot with that

the current sprinting system is really bad

i've seen people on the discord complain a bunch about players who have the movement to be really hard to hit, which is really compounded by how ttt2's sprint lets you sprint in any direction and swap directions instantly, and then combine sprint jumping with gmod's awful hitreg for jumping players especially when spamming crouch

this is already a very niche game, so i think more accessibility is gonna do more good than making sure some players have a massive advantage over everyone else

when i join the game, i expect to play a cool social deduction game with funny roles, so i find it silly that there's a lot of focus on being good at sprint combat and moving around by sprint jumping

even if for whatever reason i 100% agreed that the game should just be an epic sweaty deathmatch shooty game, the current mechanics of sprint is really ass to play with and is not very fun, sprint combat is just lame and boring and a jittery mess because the implementation is not client-predicted

i join this ttt anarchy server for a casual experience because sorry but if i wanted to play a fast-paced deathmatch game i would play a game like quake or xonotic or whatever that actually feels mechanically good and has weapons and maps and mechanics designed around the fast movement

Posted  Edited by wget

anyway i challenge anyone that disagrees to actually make good arguments https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/975175589520638003.webp?size=32&quality=lossless

or literally at least explain why you disagree because i want some epic discussion

Edited by wget

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fart

Posted  Edited by wget
2 hours ago, DrippyDogNuts said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

counterpoint: yes

Edited by wget

On 10/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, wget said:

when i join the game, i expect to play a cool social deduction game with funny roles, so i find it silly that there's a lot of focus on being good at sprint combat and moving around by sprint jumping

Have you heard of a game called Among Us?

Among Us[c] is a 2018 online multiplayer social deduction game developed and published by American game studio Innersloth. The game was inspired by the party game Mafia[10][11] and the science fiction horror film The Thing.[11] The game allows for cross-platform play, first released on iOS and Android devices in June 2018 and on Windows later that year in November. The game was then ported to the Nintendo Switch in December 2020, and on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S in December 2021. While the game was initially released in 2018 to little mainstream attention, it received a massive influx of popularity in 2020 due to many well-known Twitch streamers and YouTubers playing it. A separate VR version of the game, Among Us VR, will be released for Meta Quest 2, SteamVR, and PlayStation VR, developed by Schell Games.

Among Us takes place in space-themed settings where players are colorful armless cartoon astronauts; Each player takes on one of two roles: most are Crewmates, but a small number play Impostors,[d] which appear identical to Crewmates. The goal of the Crewmates is to either identify and vote out the Impostors, or to complete all the tasks around the map; the goal of the Impostors is to covertly sabotage the mission either by killing the Crewmates before they complete all their tasks or by triggering a disaster that is not resolved in time.

Posted  Edited by kit848

I think these are good changes, but what does 'First-Person viewmodel gets lowered while sprinting' look like? Is it just a model thing or also a camera shift?

Edited by kit848

4 hours ago, kit848 said:

Have you heard of a game called Among Us?

i have no idea what that is

4 hours ago, kit848 said:

I think these are good changes, but what does 'First-Person viewmodel gets lowered while sprinting' look like? Is it just a model thing or also a camera shift?

it's just like how in other fps games with sprint where they hold their gun up or point it at the ground to signify that you can't shoot it right now

the camera is not affected at all, there's no camera shake or view bobbing or anything because that's annoying

there's options in the addon for knives and shotguns to still be useable while sprinting, which means those wont be lowered while sprinting

On 10/13/2022 at 2:19 AM, wget said:

i have no idea what that is

it's just like how in other fps games with sprint where they hold their gun up or point it at the ground to signify that you can't shoot it right now

the camera is not affected at all, there's no camera shake or view bobbing or anything because that's annoying

there's options in the addon for knives and shotguns to still be useable while sprinting, which means those wont be lowered while sprinting

then i like this rework