Quint

The Parting Glass

Posted  Edited by Quint

GFL has been my home for several months now, a place I can safely say I feel like I belonged in...but that time has come to an end. The staff has been magnificent, the players wonderful and the opportunities are plentiful. I think it's time for me to move on. I won't forget this server, or the people in it. If you'd like to visit me or just say hi, feel free to. Since I was known as "the Movie Guy", I began this post with one of the greatest quotes in Movie History and now I conclude with music from a great, little known movie called Waking Ned Devine. Thanks again guys.

Beannachtaí tú féin agus do chairde; slán agus buíochas a ghabháil leat

Edited by Quint

I never really talked to you and basically only saw you on the forums, but you seem like a cool dude. Sad to hear you leave D:

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

I've seen you on the forums for a while.  Did your interests just change or did something happened?  Why has your time come to an end- what drove you away?

Good luck with your future endeavours.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

I've seen you on the forums for a while.  Did your interests just change or did something happened?  Why has your time come to an end- what drove you away?

Good luck with your future endeavours.

I left, like everyone else who is, because of the Purge reset. I think there are more ways to repopulate the server and this way leaves many experienced players feeling resentful. Plus, for all the suggestions I've put in and been considered, none have been implemented. The server feels restrictive and tightening, unable to flex our creative muscles. Resetting is is a bad idea. Instead, give more players something to do. Having it as it is now and just setting everyone back to the stone age is a mistake. If the Powers That Be change their minds and decide to put some gameplay changes in, I bet less people will leave. I want to stay but that's how I feel.