ShadowWolf64

Ban Appeal for Rotation TTT

Name: ShadowWolf

Steam ID (or steam profile link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/666ShadowWolf/

Banned by: 

@Zero

Ban Reason: Hacking

Why should you be unbanned

I can't really say much since I don't really know what exactly is happening, but what I do know is that I wasn't hacking. In game when you were messaging me, it did say "Zero to You" so first I did think you were messaging me, but I had no idea what you were on about so I thought maybe that is just his 'nickname' (just like the admin that has Innocent behind his name) and you never (to my knowledge) said my name (ShadowWolf) so I just read it and went on. I do remember you mentioned something about a 'Hook', and a name of something but I just went on playing since I didn't know what that meant.

Alright, as I've said I'll break this down into why I ended up banning you.

Firstly, I got suspicious because of the way you were bhopping. You were doing it perfectly on the ones you hit, and if you missed, well you just stopped completely. However, you mainly were hitting 6-7 bhops perfectly which is suspicious. Since you claim to not know what a hook is. Allow me to explain. Under the HUDPaint hook, you had an extra hook that the game doesn't add normally (see the first picture) this alone spelled out modified client to me. Most cheaters will try to disguise their hooks as something that looks innocent, so this could be wrong on my part, however, it's very unlikely, and I doubt that's the case as that hook name isn't normally added by the game (to my knowledge, I will look into this soon to be sure).

Secondly, after seeing your hooks and your bhops, I decided to go into further detail. I sent you multiple Lua strings and your client received and blocked them. (See second and third picture). After sending you these strings, I took a picture of your screen and you had net graph set to 1. This means I sent you strings to force you to say "yes" in chat if you were innocent and if not, you're client wouldn't be forced to say yes. And of course, you never said "yes" in the chat once. Yet, after running it on myself, it worked just fine (see the last picture). So despite having your net_graph 1 on, your client refused to respond to my requests to have you say "yes" in chat if you did have net_graph 1. So, something was definitely up. I'd you like to try to explain this, I'd love to hear it, but I'm certain you were blocking my attempts to send you Lua strings.

ShadowWolf_4.PNG.71b80b966d2c572a66a061bdce92f20d.PNG

ShadowWolf.PNG.cff535fc411638b82ff0a628d9daa019.PNG

ShadowWolf_1.PNG.fc5b3e5efb613f2a1ecf8da6a40fbf0a.PNG

ShadowWolf_2.PNG.c550ed6d897a82ef075592298a6688b2.PNG

ShadowWolf_3.PNG.dbb08d5d449dfa650c3a764c61c9f673.PNG

banner_560x95.png?random=612065

banner_560x95.png?random=951309

Posted  Edited by ShadowWolf64 - Edit Reason: Got rid of a grammar mistake (just erased one 'a') and added a forgotten closer bracket ')'

About the bhop, I assume by hitting a bhop,  you mean gaining speed when you hop, and losing speed would be failing a bhop. Do you remember where I was bhopping? It was jumping from the roof top over to the railing that was below and if that wasn't enough the railing itself is also slanted downwards so  even if my sync of strafing wasn't good enough, the downwards momentum made me propel forwards. Also a question, when you say 6-7 perfectly I hope you mean I was hitting a bhop (stopping) then hitting another one, because I would agree that I don't remember hitting 6-7  hops in a row (without stopping) like its nothing. Again just a reminder, all my bhops were in that one spot because I could gain speed easily there and I never got traitor once in that map (if I'm not mistaken) so every round I went to the same place and bhopped, If I died I went in DM and bhopped in the same place again. Now this part might sound a bit suspicious but the reason for me stopping completely was on me, point of bhopping is to go fast and if I didn't get enough speed I just pressed S which made me stop completely (or mostly) or I turned ~180 degrees quickly which ruined my sync (lost most my speed) and I attempted the same bhop again. On the Hook thing, I still claim what I believe to be the truth which is that I didn't add something that I didn't even know existed, all I can do on that one is hope that the game did/does add that and you to be merciful. Update: before submitting this I read your post again and I have a possibly good news, my net graph is set to -1, not 1 and if you're asking why, the time I got gmod and wanted to check my FPS and stuff, I just remembered the command as -1 and not 1, (hopefully that might be the reason for "blocking my attempts to send you Lua strings."). (also just a little unimportant note, I come from CS GO,  and bhopping in gmod is a lot easier than in CS GO, but this isn't real proof.)

Edited by ShadowWolf64
Got rid of a grammar mistake (just erased one 'a') and added a forgotten closer bracket ')'

33 minutes ago, ShadowWolf64 said:

my net graph is set to -1, not 1

The thing is I sent you a string that if it wasn't equal to 1, it'd force you to say Yes in chat, and it didn't. I then sent you a string that if it WAS equal to 1, it forces you to say yes, which yet again, it didn't. I'll be reviewing game code sometime later tomorrow, and I'll see what I can find for the hook thing. Because as it stands, nobody else has ever had that hook.

9 hours ago, ShadowWolf64 said:

Thought I'd drop this in here, same name goes through here. https://github.com/Metapyziks/Octarine-Moon/blob/master/garrysmod/addons/ulx/lua/ulib/client/draw.lua

Alright, this checks out. I must've checked your hooks while a csay message was on everyones screen and when I checked others the message was off their screen, aka that's what removed it.

So, you're clear on that part. I'm in-game right now, I'll be testing out the net_graph thing and see what happens.

Posted  Edited by Zero

After further testing, I've realized that the in the pictures the code was wrong, and it looked like this

if GetConVar( net_graph )

instead of

if GetConVar('net_graph')

which means it was erroring on your client only which is why I didn't see it erroring, you probably experienced these errors while I was testing on you. However, since I didn't see the errors, I thought I had it right and you were blocking them.

image.png.c874d220d4383e5e98deb2f9aa8076c6.png

This being said, I'm a dumbass.

Unbanned. 🔒

Here's a cookie. 🍪

Edited by Zero