kneegerrlover123

General Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Syntax#9634

Why were you banned?: Constant Toxicity (1 year count)

Why should you be unbanned?

I don't know, it's up to you guys honestly. I went on a trip to Thailand and it was really cool there. I drank, pee'd, possibly had something to do with ladyboys but that's a story for another time, and I also learned a few words there. I'm back and I'm going to be playing CS:GO a lot, I've also gotten a new Paypal setup and so I can buy more games than ever, I don't have any reason to be unbanned truly, perhaps I have changed, but not drastically. Do I promise not to break rules again? I never broke any, but if the permanent ban I have gotten was truly due to my obnoxious behavior, then sure let it be that way. I cannot promise that I am not toxic anymore as that would be a lie, however I can tell you that I am now only here to play games and I will most likely only be using the GFL Discord to communicate, not get too much involved. Most instances of toxicity and unwanted behavior were recorded when I was either drunk or had nothing to do, I truly did not enjoy my past 2 years of being in this community, as it is no longer toxic. Or perhaps I come for a different background, a different server, because when I first joined, I only did it for member perks, never really to get involved with GFL as a whole, and I don't want to bring up Zombie Mod since it was the reason why I first came here, but it's no longer here. And so back then my presence was perhaps unwanted, as I have never enjoyed any other server in particular. Perhaps Zombie Escape? but that's too 'murican, although the community there is very toxic (toxic is enjoyable) but I just can't play there really due to latency.

Overall, I cannot make any promises, it's really up to you to unban me or not, perhaps monitor me as I blend back into the community. I'm not a big fan of the current staff either, but I will not start any fights, that's a promise I can make. No shitposting, no trolling, or anything of that sort, I enjoy debates but I'll cut them off, I will only use discord for communicating with other players in the sole purpose of gaming. (I'm still trying to choose what game server to settle on).

Thank you, have a nice day.

Achievements

• 3 weeks later...

As of this moment, the consensus of the moderation team does not want you unbanned from Discord.
This stems from multiple existing issues that still hold weight now, and some that have seemed to go unacknowledged/ignored by you and still exist to this day.

- Firstly, and the primary ban reason, was your rampant and near random toxicity to anyone who had remotely wronged you. You consistently went at the simplest issues with full force, disregarding civil and calm conversation for an aggressive, bombastic approach that 9 times out of 10 got you into trouble - or left your poor opponent with a lack of a will to go on. I myself, not only other moderators, have witnessed this same approach for now over a year and a half, other members for nearly twice as long, and to say it was effective would be far from the truth. My first hand experience alone from when i first actually talked to you with the Internal watershed right up to your ban has been nothing but the same, disregarding other moderators, i myself despite understanding your approach and where you came from to how you use it, am not able to accept you back.

- Secondly, your inability to admit when you are wrong has further caused clashes and bloodshed wherever you have landed. Even still in this application you have yet again dodged an issue and tried to play it off as if it's package and parcel with you. This is appeal number two, and you still refuse to acknowledge your greatest flaw and what drives you deeper into a pit near every time.
To quote from the appeal above "Do I promise not to break rules again? I never broke any" I'm not sure you quite grasp the issue here; The rules were broken and bent then to help people avoid and skimp out of dealing with edgy and near unapproachable behavior, hell even i did it, and in the end this same behavior is what nearly ended the discord at the beginning of the year. The rules have now changed, and people have woken up from the apathetic daydream and realized they no longer need to play the game of listening to those people. I mean, i'm the only one left who did that after all, and even I knew enough was enough. 
Frankly this can be pinned down to your lack of common sense in relation to general attitude - that oh so hated term which was well avoided by me, you, and others. A new breed of people with common sense, introduced this back and have practically saved the discord from what it was becoming. As the "system" now works, and there's no need to reintroduce the chaotic unknowns of the past, and as a result no need for someone like you who has refused to change and admit their wrongs.

- Thirdly, and directly related to your application as well as the second point above^, is your practical admittance you won't change your attitude, despite that being what you were banned for in the first place, which i've really already covered.

Personally i cannot find any reason to let you back, and i hope you keep what's been said here in mind.

Hello @Harakoni,

I can still stand and absolutely deny any claim that I have broken any of the past rules, perhaps I haven't been that easy to reason with in the past, but that it no way shape or form gives you the right to permanently ban someone and then deny him once. Perhaps I am being delusional, but from my standpoint this ban is unfair. If you want an excuse, you will not have it. Although, whatever the new rules are, I'm more than ready to comply with them, if the new rules -that I am not aware of- discuss toxicity and the terms of compliance with staff, then I would be more than happy to understand your framework, but as of what it stands right now I literally have no clue what I'm supposed to even relate to in your comment. The counts of toxicity that justified my permanent ban had a span of weeks if not months in-between, so no, you are wrong, absolutely wrong, about the 'constant' toxicity and obnoxious behavior of mine, it's not a personality trait, and if you look at precisely what ultimately sparked the ban, it was me refusing to comply with mods, not arguing, not being toxic, just simply saying 'no'. 

If you're misinformed, that's fine. Truly, if you expect me to apologize for actions which, until this day, I deem nonpunishable by the state of the old rules, I will be proud to say: No, I'm not apologizing for something which I did not do 'constantly', and that is NOT listed in the rules. Common sense is an absolute relative societal construct, I'm not a westerner and thus do not share the same values of 'common sense', it happens quite often and if you want to argue whether my actions were intentional or just a reflex, I'd be more than happy to discuss this privately, I'd prefer this unban be discussed in VC, since in chat It'll be taken more as a rant, rather than an actual ban appeal. There is no inability to admit when wrong, it's just that this is absolutely wrong, that's just how it is. If you could provide me of counts that proof that I'm toxic on a daily basis, please go ahead, because so far, I've only seen little to no proof of justifiable reasoning behind the ban.

I have never admitted to not changing attitude, an attitude's morphing process cannot be realized by just looking at one's self and going 'Oh, I've changed, definitely, pls unban' because that would be a lie, and I'm not a big fan of lies. So to be frank, I cannot tell you if my attitude has changed or not, because it is up for you to decide that, that's why I prefer this to be discussed in VC. I was one of the earliest to join the discord, heck, I even suggested it to directors before it's creation, and at that point in time there were no rules, and the chats were much more alive than they are today, perhaps the community has changed, as I stated earlier in my original post, and that would be a problem for me, since I'd have to adapt, and I'm surely fine with that. I'm not asking for an unban because I've changed or that I just miss GFL and I'm sorry, that's totally false, totally not the reason. I want to be unbanned so I can keep track of projects as I'm interested in the MC chat.

I have no clue what you are on about. The changes to the "system" you have just mentioned are totally irrelevant to me, since I am literally permanently banned. The argument that 'I never admit when I'm wrong' is a wording trick I will not fall for, and I know this from the people around me IRL, I do admit when I am wrong. If that's your personal perception of my character, that's fine, absolutely fine, you can think of it that way, but to deny me a ban that was based on emotional distress instead of actual rule-breaking is not justifiable, I am in no authority to decide whether you should unban me or not, but consider the fact that this could've been you, since there are also instances of toxicity on your behalf -as you said, above.-, so technically it's more or less a timing issue.

To sum it all up, I didn't do anything against the old rules, that's just reality, let's not be delusional. If there are new rules, I'd be more than happy to comply. And at this point I'd care if directors would actually interfere but the current administration is careless, and most likely would rather not deal with me. Even Revival said it himself, "Not a single person in the higher up staff that was informed about your ban cared." So yeah, just go ahead and decide whatever you want, I'm absolutely helpless in this situation.

Thanks,
Syntax.

Achievements

• Ben locked this topic