Harambinator

Banned for no reason under the name 'pickles' (I never had that name)

Name: Everybody

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:142127988

Banned by: 

TheSadBandit

Ban reason: targeting

Why you should be unbanned:

I'm not quite sure what happened  but I try to go on the server again after a while of not playing and I'm banned for 'targeting'. I searched up my ban info and it said I was banned under the name 'pickles' which I never used. It also says that the country is unknown whereas the previous temporary bans I've had show my country (Canada, as shown in the image below), so this doesn't seem to be a ban that was intended for me.

image.png.2cfad4ceccc189d8996a0bc396a85cbd.png

•  

I'm not sure if you can see this. You were in a player report. It's also very easy to remove names in Steam, so saying "I've never used the name pickle" isn't an acceptable reason to unban.

On the same Steam name issue, a year ago you had the name "Harambe's Shot Off Dick", which isn't in your steam nicknames either.

405906131_ScreenShot2019-08-26at9_52_04PM.png.0ff399369075ae533d8c620d11c76974.png

As for the "unknown" country, when banning SteamIDs through sourcebans, as I don't have your IP at the moment of banning you, it won't show up with a country. It doesn't mean that the ban is false or that the ban isn't for you.

You can wait out the rest of the month-long ban, unless you can provide better evidence than "I've never used the name pickles", aka maybe a recording of the day these people were harassing Mimic, which is the day you were banned along with 4 other people for targeting that person.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Ok well then do you have proof of me being associated with that name?

Yes I do remember being on the server with that Mimic guy because I had to leave at one point because of him but I never 'targeted him'. I'm sorry but he was really rude and the whole server got pretty tired of his arrogance at one point. And I don't know if 'pickles' was one of the few people trying to get Mimic to leave but I didn't do anything because I just left myself. Please look into this because surely if I was banned for a reason, then there must be proof of me committing the targeting?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

I'm not sure if you can see this. You were in a player report. It's also very easy to remove names in Steam

I actually can't see it btw. Can you send a screenshot?

1994760874_ScreenShot2019-08-26at10_06_05PM.thumb.png.969152e2a500ad20ba71d5572b95a932.png

1225416345_ScreenShot2019-08-26at10_06_14PM.png.ade39d969f336ed1ededbe397ebfd743.png

931340582_ScreenShot2019-08-26at10_06_21PM.png.a1efb0db9b1c1ea403ae4a54ea999da3.png

It's the player report against the SteamID you provided. There's all the evidence of you targeting Mimic.

This is the video attached. Though I might've gotten your name mixed up on the sourcebans, you did in-fact target Mimic. Killed him twice in the beginning of the round, one of them was on his T round.

Do you have proof that the person who targeted Mimic wasn't you? Because there's screenshots of you killing him twice for no reason on that player report, in the beginning of the round.

There were KOS's on him (most were fake) so yeah I'd kill him for that but I never called those KOS's or rdmed without reason tho.

He did rdm me a couple times after I killed him for being KOS'd (even though it's the person calling the false kos that should be reported)

Screenshots/videos speak more than words. If you don't have proof, then sorry, you'll have to wait out the ban.

2 minutes ago, Harambinator said:

There were KOS's on him (most were fake) so yeah I'd kill him for that but I never called those KOS's or rdmed without reason tho.

As for knowing the KOSes were false, that is still targeting. You knew they were false, as you just mentioned, and you went ahead and killed him anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Harambinator said:

How can you tell a KOS is false before you actually kill someone?

It's easy.

If a person says "kos thesadbandit" repeatedly without giving a reason for the kos.

If a person says "kos thesadbandit he went into t room" and im at tester where a lot of people witness me.

If a person says "kos thesadbandit he just sniped someone in tower" and im at tester with a shotgun, that's also a false kos.

It's not hard to figure out a false kos from a real one.

Just now, TheSadBandit said:

If a person says "kos thesadbandit" repeatedly without giving a reason for the kos.

I mean I agree with you on the rest but people rarely give reasons for kos's.

1 minute ago, TheSadBandit said:

If a person says "kos thesadbandit he went into t room" and im at tester where a lot of people witness me.

If a person says "kos thesadbandit he just sniped someone in tower" and im at tester with a shotgun, that's also a false kos.

It's not hard to figure out a false kos from a real one.

None of these sort of scenarios actually happened tho. Also, what if someone calls a false kos on someone for a reason that you cannot disprove? That's not your fault...

Just now, Harambinator said:

None of these sort of scenarios actually happened tho. Also, what if someone calls a false kos on someone for a reason that you cannot disprove? That's not your fault...

Then you don't kill them. If someone calls "kos thesadbandit" on round 1, and I'm inno, and they didnt give a reaosn for the kos, I'm not going to follow their kos on round 2.

1 minute ago, Harambinator said:

I mean I agree with you on the rest but people rarely give reasons for kos's.

People always give reason in verbal kos. In text kos they dont. In the player report it was mentioned that they were verbal kos'es.

Just now, TheSadBandit said:

Then you don't kill them. If someone calls "kos thesadbandit" on round 1, and I'm inno, and they didnt give a reaosn for the kos, I'm not going to follow their kos on round 2.

There were various people calling those KOS's. I did stop listening to the false KOS's btw because I didn't want my karma to drop and a little while later left the server because it just got too toxic.

Anyways, stop trying to justify the reasoning behind the ban. You targeted. Unless you have solid proof that you didn't, then the ban will remain & you'll have to wait out the 2-3 week period.

Posted  Edited by Harambinator

I don't believe the guy who reported me gave sufficient proof to get me banned for a month. I just killed a guy a couple times who was being KOS'd and I stopped killing him once I realized those KOS's were false. I mean I understand the ban being shortened but staying in place to account for the my rdms, but I don't see how I targeted the poor guy. 

Aren't you supposed to be innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around?

Edited by Harambinator

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit

And I was provided with the proof that made you guilty, which I've provided to you.

Edited by TheSadBandit

2 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

And I was provided with the proof that made you guilty, which I've provided to you.

Ok well then can we settle for a shorter ban? I'd like to play for a bit before I have to go back to school and I didn't have any intentions of harassing anyone, but I'll agree that I should've been more careful with my responses to those false KOS's

42 minutes ago, Harambinator said:

I don't believe the guy who reported me gave sufficient proof to get me banned for a month.

You followed 2 KOSes on a guy that you knew were false, targeting is killing a the same person 2-3 times in 1-2 rounds apart with no reason. You knew the 2 KOSes were false. There is sufficient proof there that says you targeted him.

Now I'll tell you for the last time before I have this closed. Post any proof that shows you didn't target him. I'll also leave you with a quote:

Oaths are but words, and words are but air.

Best I can do for you is shorten it by a week. The month ban will still be on your record, and any 1w+ equivalent ban will land you on an unappealable (until 1 year has passed) ban. Don't try and argue the shortening of it, you will still be banned until 3 weeks have passed since the date you were banned.

35 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

You knew the 2 KOSes were false.

Can you please prove that? 

33 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Best I can do for you is shorten it by a week. The month ban will still be on your record, and any 1w+ equivalent ban will land you on an unappealable (until 1 year has passed) ban. Don't try and argue the shortening of it, you will still be banned until 3 weeks have passed since the date you were banned.

Ok agreed

26 minutes ago, Harambinator said:

Well yeah I knew they were false when I'd ID him and he'd turn out to be innocent.

How can you tell a KOS is false before you actually kill someone?