arcomvii

arcomvii's Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by arcomvii - Edit Reason: Deleted all my words.

Name: Arcomvii, Legit bhopper, Hacker, script kiddy, cheater, onetap, optimizer, autostrafer

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:513080597

Admin who banned you: CONSOLE

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): SMAC 0.8.7.0: ConVar r_drawothermodels violation

Why should you be unbanned? SMAC 0.8.7.0: ConVar r_drawothermodels violation

Why should we reduce or undo the mute/ban?

As i have not committed anything that breaks the game in any way, making it unfair, causing issues or any harm to the server or it's community i really think i should be unbanned, the reason is i typed the console command buildcubemaps so i didn't have to install the addons it basically hides everything. I use these names to make people think im sus on bhop and spectate my bot records, they are legit i don't use any third party assistance i use the names for the meme's should you say. Before you come to your FINAL decision please consider trying "buildcubemaps" on your server. It's a Exploit to hide all addons etc. basically only good for bhop / surf for hiding errors thats about it.

Buildcubemaps is only very exploitable on CSS not csgo however SMAC thinks CSGO is CSS so it bans you for it.

Edited by arcomvii
Deleted all my words.

Just to provide some technical insight:

The command buildcubemaps is used by map developers to take a lot of pictures that are baked into the map in order to make reflections work. In order to do so properly, it hides "other models" (players, guns, and so on). This is done by modifying r_drawothermodels. r_drawothermodels has three different modes IIRC: 0=don't draw, 1=draw, and 2=wireframe. It is set to 0 while cubemaps are being built. If you set it to 2, you've basically obtained wall hack since you can then see players through walls by their wireframe. Thus it is "cheat protected" CVar.

In conclusion, buildcubemaps is a development tool and should not be run by normal players on servers. I am, however, impressed that this has worked at all for you, @arcomvii.

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

On 9/5/2019 at 11:30 PM, arcomvii said:

Before you come to your FINAL decision please consider trying "buildcubemaps" on your server. It's a Exploit to hide all addons etc.

Most of the community server that have an MOTD and there are 1 things always said on it. No cheating, hacking, scripting and Exploiting. But you already break 1 of the rules is using Exploit as you said. We will see if we can reduce the ban or no.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:32 AM, ZNlercy said:

I just didnt want to see those  massive box errors if u reduce it to like a month im fine with that but for it to stay perma is absolute bullshit 

On 9/8/2019 at 5:32 AM, ZNlercy said:

Most of the community server that have an MOTD and there are 1 things always said on it. No cheating, hacking, scripting and Exploiting. But you already break 1 of the rules is using Exploit as you said. We will see if we can reduce the ban or no.

On 9/7/2019 at 2:31 AM, Nick said:

Just to provide some technical insight:

The command buildcubemaps is used by map developers to take a lot of pictures that are baked into the map in order to make reflections work. In order to do so properly, it hides "other models" (players, guns, and so on). This is done by modifying r_drawothermodels. r_drawothermodels has three different modes IIRC: 0=don't draw, 1=draw, and 2=wireframe. It is set to 0 while cubemaps are being built. If you set it to 2, you've basically obtained wall hack since you can then see players through walls by their wireframe. Thus it is "cheat protected" CVar.

In conclusion, buildcubemaps is a development tool and should not be run by normal players on servers. I am, however, impressed that this has worked at all for you, @arcomvii.

Anyone can run it but its not putting players in wireframe it breaks the game models to make them invisible so i dont have to see them. Feel free to jump on a Free account and try it thats prime.

• Guest locked this topic