-SL

If you're an atheist

Posted  Edited by Mad_Father - Edit Reason: format
1 hour ago, -SL said:

My intent for making this post was to see if someone could elaborate on being so sure that what they believe is right, whether it be atheistic or spiritual.  In terms of why I posted this it was because I was testing the waters to see if the forum could be treated like an open minded discussion board.  

So I am guessing this is a social experiment, according to @-SL, this post is used to test whether people can respect other people's opinion on any given subject, but I guess people can mistaken other's opinions quite easily, so if we ever have a downvote system, it will bring the whole forum down with downvotes based on disagreements among comments.

On to OP's topic,

You can believe whatever you want to believe, it doesn't concern me what you believe but I do hope you believe in the right believe.

To avoid bias, I am not going to define my version of "believe", it is up to you to decide its definition and make the best out of it.

Edited by Mad_Father
format

PLACE HOLDER

I've been avoiding this topic and it brings up everytime I browse the forums. 

I am Christian, and I respect people's decision to not believe. 

I have a lot of things going on in my mind and I just don't put what I said in my mind in the public. 

For example: I believe in God, but I also believe that Big Bang happened, along with the evolution. In some way, sorta. 

That's not all of what's inside my mind. Just a lot of things, I just don't share it. 

I go to church each Sunday, and Wednesday evenings because I choose to do that. 

76561198043643390.png

21 hours ago, -SL said:

My intent for making this post was to see if someone could elaborate on being so sure that what they believe is right, whether it be atheistic or spiritual.  In terms of why I posted this it was because I was testing the waters to see if the forum could be treated like an open minded discussion board.  

You're going again at the atheistic or spiritual sides, when it really should be atheistic and theistic sides.

It really depends does it?What about Deism?

02-416x277.jpg

Had to look up deism:  "belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe. The term is used chiefly of an intellectual movement of the 17th and 18th centuries that accepted the existence of a creator on the basis of reason but rejected belief in a supernatural deity who interacts with humankind."
Not sure I grasped it well enough, but that definition to me depicts what supernatural is, being a creator of the universe.

3 hours ago, -SL said:

Had to look up deism:  "belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe. The term is used chiefly of an intellectual movement of the 17th and 18th centuries that accepted the existence of a creator on the basis of reason but rejected belief in a supernatural deity who interacts with humankind."
Not sure I grasped it well enough, but that definition to me depicts what supernatural is, being a creator of the universe.

It probably means not the personal god we see in the famous religions that gets involved in everything with humanity and the universe.

02-416x277.jpg