Roy

GS01 Down - Likely Hard Drive Failure

Hello,

Our GS01 machine located in France experienced two host crashes in the past 24 hours. The main VM ended up being booted into read-only mode and entries from the log files indicate this may be a possible hard drive failure (in fact, it likely is).

I've opened a ticket with OVH regarding this issue and I'm hoping they can investigate this ASAP. I've tried booting the machine into recovery mode using OVH's recovery tools to run software that can check the health of the hard drive, etc. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear OVH performed this action (it has been 3 hours now).

The game servers this affects are the following located in France:

• CS:GO Arena
  • CoD 4 FFA #1
  • CoD 4 FFA #2
  • CoD 4 Zombie Mod

I am aware our CoD 4 FFA #1 server is a very popular server:

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Therefore I decided to setup another FFA server (with the same settings + additional features) on our GS05 machine. The server's IP is 185.177.22.161:28960. With that said, I believe the server will be finally getting its own dedicated manager soon. More information will be posted on that in the near future.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Unfortunately, the server doesn't have the B3 RCON tool running and it appears the hard drive corruption mentioned above resulted in losing the B3 installation files (it says the directory doesn't exist, etc.).

We were also planning to remove this machine in the near future since we decided to go with another hosting provider. It is likely I will be cancelling this machine before the next renewal (the 1st of next month).

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Once I receive an update from OVH, I will reply back to this thread.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks.

Update

OVH is going to be investigating this issue at some point in the near future (hopefully very soon). I've ran the rescue-pro tools finally and all software tests came back OK (no hard drive failures). However, we are still seeing issues with our VMs regarding hard drive errors.

We will wait for OVH's investigation to be done because it requires downtime, etc.

Thanks.

I will be cancelling this machine very soon. OVH's support takes very long to respond even when an issue is critical (and they've seen the ticket).

Thanks.