BlueGoliath

Map vote menu causes game crash

Whenever the map vote selection menu appears my game crashes on Linux. This used to work but as of a recent game update it no longer does. I've tried to verify the game cache but it still happens.

The only thing thats changed AFAIK is when I press TAB a timeleft counter and spectator texts are shown. Maybe there is a limit on those which is causing the crash?

System info(don't think they matter but meh)

Driver: Nvidia 415.23.

CPU: Ryzen 1800x @4ghz

RAM: 32GB Vaengence LPX 3200 @3044Mhz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 ICX

1 hour ago, Vauff said:

Do any other menus crash your game as well? Like !nominate, !zclass etc.

No, !nominate is just extremely big. It takes up over half the screen.

Maybe it's an issue with 4k scaling of the UI menus? All of the official CS:GO menus scale fine and the game shows 4k being the current resolution in the video options.

The 4k resolution is on a 1080p monitor with DSR. I guess the menus fail to scale to 4k and crash the game whenever text goes over the screen. I'll have to validate this in Windows real quick...

Posted  Edited by Vauff
3 minutes ago, BlueGoliath said:

No, !nominate is just extremely big. It takes up over half the screen.

Maybe it's an issue with 4k scaling of the UI menus? All of the official CS:GO menus scale fine and the game shows 4k being the current resolution in the video options.

The 4k resolution is on a 1080p monitor with DSR. I guess the menus fail to scale to 4k and crash the game whenever text goes over the screen. I'll have to validate this in Windows real quick...

Yes the size is a scaling issue, CS:GO currently doesn't scale the custom menus and game_text (what the timeleft and spec count uses) appropriately in resolutions above 1080p. This is a known issue for all operating systems, however I haven't heard of it causing any crashes.

Edited by Vauff

1 hour ago, Vauff said:

Yes the size is a scaling issue, CS:GO currently doesn't scale the custom menus and game_text (what the timeleft and spec count uses) appropriately in resolutions above 1080p. This is a known issue for all operating systems, however I haven't heard of it causing any crashes.

Funny, it doesn't in Windows but does in Linux. I'm not entirely sure why that would be.