realOath

realOath's CSGO Bhop Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by realOath - Edit Reason: grammar

Steam Name(s): oath

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:68170524

Admin that banned you: Foley

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Cheating. oath has 100.00 gains (Yawing 0.0, Timing: 100.0)

Why should you be unbanned?

Guess we're doing this again. I left my last appeal pretty short as it was an automatic ban I didn't feel the need to defend my self because I'm bad. However, since this was a manual ban for 100% gains I have a feeling that a short reply isn't gonna cut it. I was banned earlier today for cheating. This, to my knowledge, was a log detection with no visual footage/admin spec of it happening since I was banned a few hours ago and I haven't played since yesterday. I do not cheat and I don't think I'm good enough to be even viewed as a cheater. 

I'm well aware that 100% gains are impossible and anything close to it should be reviewed. I'm 100% confident that no video or admin testimonial will be able to prove that these logs were created by me strafing rather than a weird map mechanic. I do not know what map this happened on and I was not intentionally abusing a map mechanic. If the only evidence of me cheating is a bash log that has no indication of what I was doing in the instance the log was recorded this ban should be viewed as invalid.

I'm getting this information from KiD Fearless:
"but if you are stuck inside an object with autobhop then the time frame for a jump is 1 tick or less, any number divided by 0 is going to be greater than 100% (infinite). any time someone ran bhop_pyle they got flagged for that. They should be going off the number of ticks in 6 jumps, not just 6 jumps."

Essentially, the way bash measures gain is flawed. If you are stuck in an object your jump can be seen as lasting less then a tick. Since gain is a mathematical equation when it divides 0 ticks the result is 100% gain. 
Something like:
speed / ticks = gain%
100 / 0 = 100% 

KiD Fearless said Foley can message him on shavits discord for a better explanation of why using these flags are a bad idea when he's(Fearless) not drinking.

Please review this, I will work with the admins to prove my innocents. I'm not some random person with no bhop hours getting 100% gain, I have thousands of hours in this game mode across multiple servers.

Thanks! - oath

Edited by realOath
grammar