Cassie

AP Exam Scores 2020

Posted  Edited by Duc2000

For all those Americans/US territory people out there, Advanced Placement test scores have been coming out the past few days. I'm making this post to share my scores and encourage other people to do the same, though if you aren't that proud of them, you don't have to.

For people who don't know what Advanced Placement (AP) tests are: An AP class is a college class given in high school. At the end of the school year, you take a long exam that is graded on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest. You may qualify for college credit if you get a score of 3 or higher, though a lot of colleges want a 4 or a 5 or don't accept AP scores at all. This year they're even more likely to not accept it: due to coronavirus, the AP tests were given online at home. The tests had numerous issues, like being biased, cutting content out, and being too short. College Board is the "non-profit" that runs the AP programs, and they sure screwed up this time. Long story short the College Board makes millions of dollars off of education and then claims to be non-profit. I could go on about College Board being horrible, but this post is about AP scores, so here they are:

My AP Exam Scores 2020

image.thumb.png.4a7e468f1071a1227649c4995edbd17d.png

I'll explain the scores/classes a little bit.

1. Calculus BC is a combination of Calculus AB and extra material. I skipped AB to take BC. The exam is curved a lot, so that 5 doesn't mean that much. But I'm happy with it.
  2. English Language and Composition is a writing class that focuses on arguments: identifying arguments, creating arguments, looking at an author's argumentative devices, etc. Honestly, I expected to get a 5 in it. The problem is, I took about 15-20 minutes to write the essay when it should've taken me 45. I'm sorry, the damn power was flickering and the test was online! Looking back, my essay seemed good, but I still probably rushed. Maybe someday I'll share my other AP Lang essays; a lot of them are quite good.
  3. Physics C Mechanics is, well Physics. Based on Calculus. It was a nightmare due to my poor teacher. Fortunately or unfortunately, the test is curved to the max. A 42% on the test was equal to a 5. So yeah. I might look like a math genius from that, but it doesn't tell the whole story. But I'll take the college credit anyways. 
  4. Psychology doesn't need an explanation. It's psychology. I loved the class. I was exceptional at it. Honestly, not sure how I didn't get a 5. My teacher told me I was probably a few points away. It makes me want to find the guy that graded my psychology exam and give him a smack.
  5. AP Research. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. This class saw me making a Research Paper 4000-5000 words in length. I conducted a small survey that I posted on reddit and half assed the paper. Why? Because AP Research gets you 0 college credit. All I needed to do was get a 3, and I did. Now I'll get some kind of Capstone Diploma for passing Seminar, Research, and passing 4 other AP exams.
  6. US History is obvious. The essay was pretty easy, so I expected to get a 5. I love this class and my teacher, though I wouldn't really consider a career in history. I still want to go to science.

Next year I'll be taking 6 more AP classes, but they're arguably easier ones. AP Biology is the one I'm looking forwards to the most. I want to see if I still enjoy Biology as much as I did 3 years ago.

So how about the rest of you guys? Did you take AP classes? How'd you do?

Edited by Duc2000

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Wow!  Great job.  Those are excellent scores.  Mine were not good.  I wouldn't recommend to anyone my route.

O5lbIX3.png

I thought I took the BC exam.  The class was not available although the professor did lectures during lunch and I attended them.  I don't remember taking the Political Science one.  I took the exams more than 4 years ago, and so they don't have online scores available for me.  I'm not sure if they curved it back then too; I don't recall anyone mentioning that.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152