Haqlash

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:228182811

Punished by:

Sophie~

Reason for the punishment:

aimbot

Why should your punishment be revoked?

Yeah I know I just appealed this but after seeing the evidence on my ban, Id like to point and explain that theres a problem with it. 

This is the video that got me banned, but after watching it, I couldnt help but notice a few major lag spikes in it, especially the one seen before the first kill in the video. Now as most people know lag spikes can cause skips or drops in framerates that cause things to a be little wonky when it finally updates. These lag spikes are periodic. Now my argument on why this attributes to my ban being incorrect is because due to the lag spikes there is no clear and smooth footage to prove my ban. As I stated in my previous appeal Ive had experience in wrist flicking from playing other gamemodes on GMod more focused on combat, as well as Siege and a bit of CS:GO. So I rest with that this video in particular cannot be used as proof because of the fact that lag hinders any clear proof to solidify the ban

Posted  Edited by Blazing Arson (with no #s)

Hi.
In the video evidence there is only one visible lag spike, which is the one you pointed out. The only thing this shows is that the first kill may have been legit. However, there is no proof of lag on the 2nd and 3rd kills. This means that the only evident frame skips are during that first kill, which is fair, lag is common on the server when someone starts shooting.
Now, as we can see by the tab menu in the beginning of the video, your ping is moderately low. This rules out lag on your end causing the unnatural snapping. This puts aimbot as the prime suspect.
I have watched people who weren't aimbotting and were just very good at wrist flicking on the server during points of lag, and it's even obvious while lagging that they weren't aimbotting. 
Even slowing the video down to 0.25 speed doesn't help you, which is usually what helps determine aimbot from wrist flicking.
It is hard for me to believe this is not aimbot, even with the one evident lag spike.
However, this is not my ban so not my ruling
@Sophie~ ♡

Edited by Blazing Arson (with no #s)

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

I'll concede the first shot to you as the server did pretty clearly have a lag spike there. However, if you slow the video to even 0.25 speed the ""flicks"" are extremely robotic in nature, flicking you straight back instantly. In fact, these movements are not natural in the slightest and are purely systematic in nature. To say they are anything otherwise is a complete farce.

And if you're trying to claim that the reason the crosshair moves erratically to one spot because it is 'catching up' or 'updating' due to a spike is also completely false. if it was just catching up or updating as you say, why would it move back to the exact same spot afterwards? This behaviour is not natural, anyone who would go to spectate someone in first person to validate my point would see as such. It is clear that it is an aimbot doing the work, not you.

I am a good player with thousands of hours in the games you mentioned, trying to pass it off as "flicks" is just attempting to pull the wool over my eyes. An actual flick made by a player is more fluid and less robotic in nature. It is glaringly obvious if you slow down the video.

I am well aware what it is like to be falsely banned for aimbot in a TTT server even, the exact same has happened to me so I can sympathise. However, this is not a false ban and there is overwhelming evidence against you in my opinion.

Just to mention, on the first shot with the lag spike. Interesting how you snap to the head and fire, then snap back instantly and fire another shot at the wall. It's almost like you're just clicking the mouse and something else is doing the movement? Wonder what it could be. And even if you'd like to explain away the first snap to the head with the lag, then what about when it snaps back to the wall? The body is still fluidly moving yet despite that your crosshair snaps back to the wall in a robotic fashion and the default position it was in anyway. A crosshair can't just lag alone and have the rest of the server be moving fluidly.

I welcome other staff members to decide, however. Best of luck.

I’m trying to form my own opinion and offer another possible reasoning for the flicks in the video. But I can’t. 

I believe this video shows that you were using aimbot. I believe the lag argument is flawed since it’s only in the first clip and occurs seconds prior to the flick. 

Posted  Edited by Shrizan

If you look at the 3rd kill, theres no spike yes, but that doesnt matter because if you notice I didnt flick at all, I didnt need to, when I saw him he was already in my crosshair, which I have as an addon I can enable by running the command, that already in the game hud_draw_fixed_reticle 1 or something along that line.

On the second kill, you can see there is a minor, but still clear lag spike between my before my kill and the kill itself. And regardless "size" of the lag spike, it can still cause a major visual difference in the user/watcher(s). 

So with both these points, the video is not valid proof to ascertain the ban

Edited by Shrizan

2 hours ago, Shrizan said:

If you look at the 3rd kill, theres no spike yes, but that doesnt matter because if you notice I didnt flick at all, I didnt need to, when I saw him he was already in my crosshair, which I have as an addon I can enable by running the command, that already in the game hud_draw_fixed_reticle 1 or something along that line.

If you slow down the video you'll see that your crosshair, which we can faintly see, was actually to the right of the player (from the camera's perspective), before robotically jerking towards the players head while shooting.

2 hours ago, Shrizan said:

On the second kill, you can see there is a minor, but still clear lag spike between my before my kill and the kill itself. And regardless "size" of the lag spike, it can still cause a major visual difference in the user/watcher(s). 

I have rewatched that kill several times, setting the speed to the lowest setting. There is definitely not a lag spike of any size, just unnatural snapping. And lag wouldn't explain how you snap to the head, then back to where you started exactly. It's just not fluid enough to be a flick, and the lag isn't there to support your claim.

Made by @Clavers

34 minutes ago, Blazing Arson (with no #s) said:

If you slow down the video you'll see that your crosshair, which we can faintly see, was actually to the right of the player (from the camera's perspective), before robotically jerking towards the players head while shooting.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2327989817 
This is what my crosshair looks like, I said it was a downloaded add on available on the workshop, then it is activated by typing hud_draw_fixed_reticle 1., its not the one in the video because I downloaded it myself so its obviously not going to for people who dont have downloaded/turned on. 

Posted  Edited by Blazing Arson (with no #s)
3 minutes ago, Shrizan said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2327989817 
This is what my crosshair looks like, I said it was a downloaded add on available on the workshop, then it is activated by typing hud_draw_fixed_reticle 1., its not the one in the video because I downloaded it myself so its obviously not going to for people who dont have downloaded/turned on. 

Dont see how this changes my point? the crosshair is still in the same place as the normal one so we can still see where you were aiming. even without a crosshair it wouldnt be hard to tell

Edited by Blazing Arson (with no #s)

Made by @Clavers