Gustavus

TTT anarchy 10th anniversary event ideas

Posted  Edited by Gustavus

So since other GFL servers are celebrating the 10th anniversary of this Shitpost of a community, i thought we should to the same. Here are two ideas for a ttt anarchy GFL event.

Idea #1: All newton launchers simple.

This is a ***Simple*** idea (see what i did there?). Restrict players to exclusively using the newton launcher. I believe this can be done through other means, but if not possible, i would suggest doing this by removing all weapon spawns from simple and then removing all directly harmful items from shops (such as p90,ak47,slams,etc.). I'd recommend just not having any sort of fancy rewards and just have an hour or two of stupid fun via newton launchers. In terms of rules and gameplay it would otherwise be normal TTT anarchy gameplay.

Idea #2: Random 100 OP roles. 

this one doesn't really matter what map it is, but if you wanted to set it to a certain map for some reason i'd suggest community bowling  or some other large map that isn't rooftops/waterworld. For this event, we'd set the "random" value of all roles to 100, meaning every role is guaranteed to spawn, and we would add and bring back several op roles, such as vampire and beacon. In specific, i'd vouch for temporarily adding shinigami, sniffer, and occultist and temporarily bringing back vampire and beacon for the event, with the following ConVar values for beacon being in place. If this idea gets accepted, i'd suggest describing these roles in the event post as well as temporarily adding them to the "Roles and what they do" forum post. Same as the newton launcher idea, i really wouldn't suggest adding rewards and instead just having it be an hour or two of wackiness

# the number of buffs that the beacon starts with
  ttt2_beacon_min_buffs [2] (default: 1)
# The maximum number of buffs that the beacon can achieve
  ttt2_beacon_max_buffs [5] (default: 5)

# Upon receiving this many buffs, the beacon lights up, revealing their role (like a detective)
  ttt2_beacon_deputize_num_buffs [3] (default: 3)

# Beacon receives a buff when these types of players are confirmed dead
  ttt2_beacon_search_mode [0] (default: 0)
  # 0: Team mates are confirmed dead (innocents, survivalists, detectives, etc.)
  # 1: Non team mates are confirmed dead (traitors, infected, serial killers, jesters, etc.)
  # 2: Anyone is confirmed dead
  # 3: Do not buff based on player death
# Beacon receives a buff the instant that a mate/non-mate/player dies (based on search_mode above)
  ttt2_beacon_buff_on_death [0/1] (default: 0)

# Beacon receives a buff every x seconds. This is disabled if x is 0.
  ttt2_beacon_buff_every_x_seconds [45] (default: 0)

# The damage the beacon receives if they kill one of their mates
  ttt2_beacon_judgement [20] (default: 20)

###BUFFS###
# The speed boost the beacon gets per buff (as a percentage of default speed)
  ttt2_beacon_speed_boost [0.05] (default: 0.2)

# The stamina boost the beacon gets per buff (as a percentage of default stamina. Affects how long the beacon can sprint for)

ttt2_beacon_stamina_boost [0.1] (default: 0.2)

# The stamina regen boost the beacon gets per buff (as a percentage of default stamina regen. Affects how quickly the sprint meter refills)
  ttt2_beacon_stamina_regen_boost [0.1] (default: 0.2)

# The jump power boost the beacon gets per buff (as a percentage of default jump power. If this is greater than 0, the beacon will receive the NoFallDamage item)
  ttt2_beacon_jump_boost [0.1] (default: 0.2)

# The flat damage resistance boost the beacon gets per buff (as a percentage of damage which will be ignored)
  ttt2_beacon_resist_boost [0.1] (default: 0.15)

# The armor the beacon gets per buff (by default a player with armor has 30+% damage reduction. Armor is reduced by each hit absorbed)
  ttt2_beacon_armor_boost [0..n] (default: 0)

# The health regen per second the beacon gets per buff (ex. 0.2 ==> 1 HP every 5 seconds)
  ttt2_beacon_hp_regen_boost [0.05] (default: 0.2)

# The damage boost the beacon gets per buff (as a percentage of default damage)
  ttt2_beacon_damage_boost [0.05] (default: 0.10)

# The fire rate boost that the beacon gets per buff (as a percentage of default fire rate. Only applies to melee, pistol, and heavy type weapons)
  ttt2_beacon_fire_rate_boost [0.05] (default: 0.2)

Note: The gaining a buff every 45 seconds is only in here due to the heavily reduced amount of innocents that will be in play, which results in the beacon potentially not getting buffs from innocent corpses being found

Edited by Gustavus

i got three ideas but they are extremely related

main idea: on the map voting screen, remove all the maps and replace them with two game modes... 

newton launcher chaos, and the role thingy (dont know what you would call that to make sense in a short phrase)

idea one: have the two game modes on the voting screen and when they choose one it selects a random map to go with it (probably should be a map pool of the most popular ones...  like bowling ally, innocent motel, etc

idea two: have 6 random maps for newton launcher and the same 6 maps for the 100% role game mode.

then have players pick the game mode and map

idea three: can either be idea one or two but also have the option to play on one random map with the default settings

1 hour ago, Burriss75 said:

Newton launcher thing would be fun but simple or dolls likely wouldn't work as someone will just camp in a closed off room where no one can kill them

Newton launchers deal damage still, i believe it's ~5-10

Posted  Edited by Burriss75

of course they deal damage but the main damage they do will be fall damage and a lot of the areas you can camp inside just aim it at a door and no one can even get in to damage you (Like the shower room or the anime puss secret on simple and vents on dolls)

Edited by Burriss75

i got three ideas to replace the newton launcher idea

1. randy rando every round but everyone has the huge (a little too dry of a idea so youll probably have to add a third idea

2. deathmatch (tbh this ones kinda dumb but whatever) the idea is to remove all roles and everyone can kill everyone. however you only have a reusable knife.

a variant of this could be something like one in the chamber...

every two kills you get 7 deag shots

3. everyone is amne but when a anme dies its role becomes random excluding (inno, skrimisher, detective, all inno roles.)