The Boominator

The Boominator's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by The Boominator - Edit Reason: Grammar

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

The Boomlord#0530

Why were you banned?: Doxxing

Why should you be unbanned?

Apparently I doxxed another member of the Discord forum. I say "apparently" because I was given a list of five aliases that she was known to use by another member of the discord in my DMs. He claimed he did not know if any of them were her real name, but thought it would be fun if I addressed her by some of them in the discord. To protect her identity, I used several of the names to obscure if any were real and to increase the effectiveness of the troll. As every name was a first name, I also figured it would be unlikely that I gave out any compromising information. It has been said that the three names I gave, which were random, revealed her full name but I find this highly unlikely as the mathematical likelihood of this occurrence is a 1.666% chance to guess the name in order, and a 10% chance to guess the name in some order. Furthermore, my source has since told me her real name, which only had one of the names I used.
Frankly, it was an irresponsible troll in the first place, but I didn't really give out any compromising information. Do what you gotta do, but I don't think this ban needs to be permanent as I took precautions to obscure any real information, did not intend to reveal any compromising information, and am not likely to repeat this behavior in the future, as what allegedly transpired (I'm not convinced that I actually revealed her name) was extremely mathematically unlikely, especially considering that I did not know if any ANY of the names provided were real. I thought I was revealing aliases, as two of the names provided to me were former Steam usernames. And of course, I will refrain from this behavior in the future. This was my first infraction on GFL, too (I've been a member for six months, I believe).

Edited by The Boominator
Grammar

Acknowledging the appeal.   Letting you know it's not being ignored.  Checking with the rest of the team to see what can be done.  I'm trying to piece together a big picture so if there's anything more you can provide that will be helpful.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Joshy

This involves someone's personal information and so much of the discussion took on Discord DM.  I spoke to both sides.  Upon having a more complete picture with their evidence.  I have not and cannot determine if it was intentional or not, but the person was doxxed.  The team has decided that the ban on Discord will be preserved.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152