Nero

Fixing ravenous

ravenous isn't a broken role, some might claim it's op but their really easy to hunt down and kill, it's a well balanced role in all honesty, i have absolutely no complaint with it's health, speed nor knife. For me, killing ravenous is a hobby. 

the fundamental flaw with ravenous is that's it's 100% guaranteed pathway from glutton encouraging every glutton to always go ravenous. this howsoever can simply be fixed. 

make ravenous only a 50% chance of occurring. 

it's simple, any player who desires to go ravenous now has to contend that they might now die, no fun, no mass rdm, game over. 

Very interesting, though sometimes the glutton just cant get secure bodies (and thats even harder with a spy bc the t's dont even know they have a glutton and cant communicate) and they shouldn't just die because they can never get to any bodies without being seen and killed (or at least kosed)

I think the main thing is just to stop people from going ravenous purposely even when their team is helping them, if the other t's are just leaving them with no bodies (at least if there is no spy) they can go rav, but when the t's are saying "eat something, dont go rav" and risking their cover to get bodies, the glutton shouldn't be able to easily ignore it and go ravenous on them cuz it really sucks when you are doing decent as t, but then your glutton just goes ravenous, kills almost your entire team then just dies. doesn't even get the win themself, all they do is ruin your t round and die.

professional necromancer

Posted  Edited by Nero
53 minutes ago, Mangost said:

Very interesting, though sometimes the glutton just cant get secure bodies (and thats even harder with a spy bc the t's dont even know they have a glutton and cant communicate) and they shouldn't just die because they can never get to any bodies without being seen and killed (or at least kosed)

I'm sympathetic to that, but i still feel a 50/50 chance is fair to them, however i'd say a majority of unintentional starvation's are a result of the map and external conditions that are impossible to balance for.

Small maps make hiding and stealing bodies difficult due to the constant presence of  innocent players and lack of safe or hidden eating locations like the map MacDonalds which is all open except for 2 locations, the office and freezer.  Gluttons have the advantage of being able to see all bodies so a possible fix could be to have their dead body radar update more frequently  depending on their level of hunger. 

I would also like for fellow traitors to be able to constantly monitor their glutton, as currently only if your aimed at them is it possible to see their hunger, maybe a bit of text in chat ahead of time warning that their glutton could go ravenous soon would be able to mitigate the issue. 

Another idea i had was "glutton food" as a traitor item, just a random body they can spawn in for their fellow glutton to feed them. 

Edited by Nero

Yeah i think the dead body radar should update more frequently, and the "glutton food" item seems interesting, but it could be kinda op

professional necromancer

Maybe make it so glutton food only affects hunger, no health buff.

Bodies don't tend to move that much, ideally i would have it set so it updates every time someone dies but that would be a bit powerful.