TheJesus

TheJesus's CSGO Zombie Escape Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Jesus

SteamID: 76561198001736203

Admin that banned you: Do not know

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Mute for 30 minutes

Why should you be unbanned?

For some reason I got muted for saying nincompoop and was asking why I would get muted for saying that and was not n baiting, then I got muted. I use this term all the time and would have been easier to get a warning but I understand the n word issue but never in all my 10 years playing on GFL servers have I seen an issue until now about me using the word nincompoop. I tried to reason with admins who were online and no one wanted to listen. I wish admins would at least give proper reasoning as well as give people chances to explain before trigger happy with the mute button, thanks for reading

Hello Jesus,

The context when that word was used was during a talk on n word or n word baiting. N word baiting is mutable/gagable. Not sure if you did not read the announcement that came out about this topic months ago since you are an old ze player on gfl server. 

It clearly was not when I was in lobby, as well as there was no clear talk about the n word at the time. I addressed why would I be getting muted for that word when it was clear I was not baiting. I'll forget about the incident but I do believe that people arent on announcements because so much has changed with GFL. Took me almost a whole 10 minutes just to find are you new here and relook at rules. I'm just disappointed how GFL has turned but cool beans

Usually we only consider something n word baiting when it's done with malicious intent to try and work around our ban on that word (e.g. "what rhymes with x?", participating in a spell out of it, partially saying the word). I talked with the admin and we agreed that you probably should have just been warned given the sensitive situation you said it in, as you were lacking any malicious intent here. The mute you're appealing has already expired anyways, but I left a note on it for future reference.