Goldfish77

Goldfish77's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Goldfish

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:54277207

Admin that banned you: Dini

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): 2 Week Ban

Why should you be unbanned?

Why do I get banned when I first get a warning and then get banned because the admin is angry for no reason

Posted  Edited by Dini

Well no. There are no warnings at all, ever for cheating on surf whether it be dropboosts or superboosts. It's a simple thing to understand even for someone that has played on GFL surf servers as much as yourself, if superboost, don't get time. I mean hell almost all servers ban you permanently for using them. Everyone else that has superboosted instantly gets banned for 2 weeks, I tried to join and even have the logs of what I stated. I said "fair warning" then you started acting like a child demanding me to put back your time previously before you cheated it.

I wasn't rude at all, was just trying to let you know. I could even throw the rule "admin disrespect 🤓" in there but I legit don't care. I tried to be nice, I tried to give you the warning and below is how you chose to go about things. Instead of you know something along the lines "my bad" or "I won't do that again" not really a hard thing to do tbh with you.

image.png.69eed240589b3a09eba6f97919146833.png

Logs for above statements and for others that need context (and also map makers have nothing to do with superboosts, it's a game thing)

Edited by Dini

Posted  Edited by Dini
24 minutes ago, Goldfish77 said:

It literally says the warning in the logs don't know what you're smoking 

I don't know if you just completely skipped what I said. also: 

If anyone superboosts there is no warning needed as we can just instant ban and possibly reduce ban depending on appeal. I tried to give you a fair warning to give you the "benefit of the doubt" till you acted this way with me trying to fairly warn you. 

I'd be more than happy to reduce the ban with a formal apology about superboosting to take recs. Which btw is a huge ass inconvenience as not only do you replace the real record replay, I have to go in database to remove your time. When all that needed to be done is not superboost or if said "didn't mean to"

Edited by Dini

Yes you gave me a warning and then banned me as soon as I called you a no no word because you got angry. My first time "cheating" because the boost on the bonus is janky af. Seems like you're just angry at everything

22 minutes ago, Goldfish77 said:

Yes you gave me a warning and then banned me as soon as I called you a no no word because you got angry. My first time "cheating" because the boost on the bonus is janky af. Seems like you're just angry at everything

Yep you surely got me. Well if you'd like to apologize and hopefully say you will not do again in the future let me know. I did not have to join to try and give you benefit out of doubt but I tried. Not my fault you were banned, was just someone trying to give a fair warning till you acted out the way you did. I wasn't angry at all when trying to give you a warning that I literally do not have to give. But I get it, was just the maps fault for giving you a janky boost that you had to abuse in order to take a record.

Even though you are still acting like a child I'll remove the ban (instead of what I usually do and reduce to 3 days). Recommend in not using a "janky" boost to get you a record in the future as it won't be an accident past this point.