Harakoni

Harakoni's Mute/Ban Appeal for CWRP

My in-game name: PSC 1941 Voltage Vulture

My SteamID: STEAM_0:0:42925953

Reason: MRDM

Admin: Shuruia

Why this should be revoked:

After not having played for some time, I was unaware that the mortar had been buffed in damage up from it's regular HL2 grenade blast (50-60 damage radius) as it was not listed in the #updates channel in discord where I usually receive all news from updates.

I had set the Mortar up outside in an interior courtyard by bunks on Coruscant with a small crowd of 5 around me, and was expecting to pull a typical little funny and launch one to prop kill the guy on top of the mortar and HL2 grenade splash those around it as I had done tens of times before a few months ago when I played frequently.... instead it dealt out like 500 damage to everyone around me and killed all 5. Ouch.

Not necessarily expecting an unban but hopefully a reduction.

Thanks,
Harakoni

Hello!

After discussing with the management team we have come to a decision. Unfortunately, your appeal will be denied. Using the mortar in such an enclosed space with that many players around to begin with is asking for trouble. The mortar received a buff months ago, and in each update it is listed as adjusting weapon stats according to MC documents as listing each individual stat change is very tedious and unnecessary.

Although we appreciate and recognise the incident had no intent, considering the wider context of the situation, the ban will stay. Apologies if this seems unfair, and we hope you can see our reasoning. Please do return at the end of your ban.

🤨