nibbog

nibbog's Mute/Ban Appeal for CWRP

Posted  Edited by nibbog - Edit Reason: Added 104th tidbit

My in-game name: Shock LCPL 1473 Nibbog

My SteamID: STEAM_0:1:182302419

Reason: ERP

Admin: Wayne

Why this should be revoked:

I was completely not involved with the ERP discussion that took place, I only talked about it after the fact and asked questions about what happened. I made a few comments about how the people involved would be dragged into a sit and that they might be able to not get banned because of lack of video evidence.

(Mic did not work in recording, Admins have transcripts from me though.)

Video Links:

In addition to this, both 104th members can be contacted and asked about what exactly I said during our conversation, as they were there from the beginning and even before the incident happened.

Edited by nibbog
Added 104th tidbit

I was an Admin spectating the situation, Wayne claimed all the bans so I was not gonna get involved until Nibbog was caught in the crossfire. Regarding the other two, neither of those bans were ERP, I read over it and got word and concluded that it was a Harassment ban which I will mention later. But I can justify Nibbogs claims. He did ask about it, however he did not make much of it or keep bringing it up. He recited what the other guy said and that is all. The Harassment rules come into play when something inappropriate is said repeatedly in a fashion that it gets out of hand, which was Nuggets reasoning. I can not stand up for the other two, what they did was wrong. But Nibbog in my eyes is in the clear from another perspective. And also with the video evidence, no offense to Wayne he is a great admin, Wayne seemed a bit trigger happy when it came to not hearing out, or even considering watching the video evidence when presented it in the sit.  There were multiple times that Nibbog brought up he had evidence while in the sit, but it was ignored. 

CWRP SERVER ADMIN

2DArcadeGif.gif.a6b61edf38b813ce9a7463828b43ad7c.gif

I was going to wait to reply until provided with screen recordings of another staff member, but (and no offense to him) since it hasn't been sent to me I wanted to reply to this sooner rather than later.

I first want to address your videos. Due to your mic not recording on it, the videos in no way help your case by showing you didn't participate. The transcripts that were forwarded to me by senior admins I know to be inaccurate, because there were parts of the conversation that you left out, either deliberately or accidentally. Either way, it makes the transcripts honestly not very believable to be accurate in any sense. (For context, you left out the parts about stating that if a player denies involvement in a rule break that we are unable to punish, or as my fellow admin above claims you were only repeating an ERP statement, where is that in the transcript?)

As for my actual ban reason, it was for ERP yes. Someone alerted me to another player (who was also banned) that they were stating ERP comments in voice chat. I had begun spectating that player, who was nearby you, when you also made several ERP comments. In particular, and this will be as a spoiler just due to the content: 

Spoiler

Asking/stating players nearby to "Stick your dick in my ass"

From the context that I overheard, it did not seem to me as simple repetition, but that you were making the statements as your own. Repeating someone's comment is one thing, but from what I heard it did not seem like the intent of what you said was to repeat it, but rather to actually state it. You had claimed you didn't do it in the admin sit, to which I told you that if you provided the video proof you claimed to have and it showed you did not actually make these statements, that I wouldn't have an issue reversing the ban. However, the videos do not provide that proof, it only shows what others said around you, but my concern is what you said. And, as I stated above, the transcripts I know to be inaccurate. 

I'm sorry, but as of this point I see no proof that backup your claims. This could very well be an instance of "wrong place wrong time", but from the context I heard, from my perspective you were making the comments as yourself, and not to repeat the other's comments. 

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)

Posted  Edited by nibbog

I don’t believe you read the correct transcripts, as what I wrote actually says both of those things that you’ve said I missed. I understand the inaccuracy and the inability to rely on such a transcript, but I’m not sure if anyone told you about the witness testimony given by one of the two 104th members who was present during the entire conversation up until the teleport. That testimony was given to log, and in it the 104th stated that I had nothing to do with the ERP discussion and actually did not say or ask anyone to “ Stick your d*** in my a**”. Im also interested in seeing other perspectives of the incident as that is blatantly false and corroborated by multiple people. My issue, however, was with the fact that I offered to provide you with evidence before you reached a final decision, which you refused to consider, instead jumping the gun and punishing me without reviewing all angles. This is not an accusatory post, I’m only addressing the concerns stated in your comment. I’m also not entirely sure that given the discussions currently occurring within GFL and the accusations being thrown around that further input outside of a neutral third party from either of us would be beneficial to solving this situation.

Edited by nibbog