Septic

Septic's TTT Rotation Mute/Ban Appeal

Name: Septic

Steam ID (or steam profile link): STEAM_0:0:48748730

Banned by: Dunno

Ban Reason: I think it had something to do with a video link that crashed peoples servers

Why should you be unbanned

A bit off topic considering the ban isn't on TTT Rotation its on discord.

Think it was just something I didn't know was a bannable offense, I thought it was harmless. I didn't appeal it before because I didn't play enough or associate a lot with GFL anymore. but people have encouraged me to appeal so am doing, I vow not to post such content again. Apologies for any inconvenience the place of my appeal is as well, I just didn't really know where to post sorry.

We're discussing your ban.  The video apparently included a slur AND crashes discord so it kind of hit two birds with one stone.  Earlier the crashing discord videos were automatically permanent ban, but we've eased up on that considering context such as autoplay.  The rules get a little bit tricky here because of the added slur in combination to something that used to automatically qualify for a permanent ban...  does it nudge past our threshold?  That's not clear to me.  I'm going to say up front that I prefer to be more lenient or relaxed-- yes you were wrong and did something bad, but I'm not so sure how I feel about preserving it as a permanent ban, and it looks like it was a while ago.  We'll leave this open a bit more so others can have their say or bring up relevant points/evidence before we come to a decision.

You were banned by @jarm323 so I'll copy them to see if there's anything to add, and our Senior Moderators will have a very high influence on the decision too.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Hey!  Excellent news.  We've gone ahead and lifted your ban.  What you did was wrong and against the rules, but it's not permanent ban material.  Please be careful in the future and check the rules so that we can keep you here 🙂 welcome back.

edit:

If there are any issues like your ban didn't get lifted you can send me a private message we'll try to work things out.  I've lifted the ban.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152