Anathema Device

Body Hanging for Everyone

Hello chums, I would like to suggest that body hanging become a thing for everyone, and here's why in a few simple steps;

1. Body hanging has no real value to the evil roles who do it.
  2. It is only really used to set up memes, and just to mess around
  3. It's actually actively detrimental to touch bodies as an evil role
  4. Not all evil roles can do it
  5. Idk it'll be funny and hip, MC is doing it apparently

+1

I have actually been wanting this for a while, as you said, hanging bodies is really only used for memes. This plus the fact that it is KOSable makes a good feature that is rarely used. I think that having body hanging for everyone could be very fun, and give traitors a fairly safe method of hiding bodies. Also MC at least used to have a feature where all props can be hanged, not just bodies. I think this along with innos being allowed to hang would be a good addition to the game.

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

+1 I like this idea a lot it shouldn’t be kosable to gang body’s and it would add more confusion into who is innocent and who isn’t innocent.

It's just skills not hacks.

7 minutes ago, Sophie~ ♡ said:

Just a counterpoint, but it's usually disabled on servers to stop fucky physics crashing the server with bodies

this was a huge problem with breach

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

this was a huge problem with breach

correction, breach was a huge problem

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

On 12/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, Sophie~ ♡ said:

Just a counterpoint, but it's usually disabled on servers to stop fucky physics crashing the server with bodies

wouldn't the anti lag system stop that? or is it something else that would crash the server and not the bodies themselves

9 minutes ago, Neon Cat said:

wouldn't the anti lag system stop that? or is it something else that would crash the server and not the bodies themselves

gmod is kinda a mess and some addons break things in weird ways so in theory yes, but in practicality probably not. I honestly forgot that anarchy likes crashing due to bodies doing weird things so maybe this is not a great idea

b_560_95_1.png

2 minutes ago, flying4ssassin said:

gmod is kinda a mess and some addons break things in weird ways so in theory yes, but in practicality probably not. I honestly forgot that anarchy likes crashing due to bodies doing weird things so maybe this is not a great idea

I mean while this is true, body hanging is already a thing and I haven't really seen any lag/crashes from bodies being hanged. I suppose it is likely since bodies will be hanged a lot more if this is added, then we could just try it for a while and see if it works. If bodies can crash the server from doing weird things, then there is really no harm in trying this anyway because they could already do that without this being added.

yeah I doubt it will brash things but people will start trying to hang bodies in weird places more often. I think it should be tried but I would also just be cautious with it. Also you need to make sure that everyone knows that it is not KOSable since that will case a lot of RDM otherwise.

b_560_95_1.png

4 hours ago, Neon Cat said:

No system is perfect, even back when I was SM one of the most common causes was still bodies crashing it all unfortunately