MutedMike

K1P_'s Mute/Ban Appeal for CWRP

Hello! thank you for making an appeal.
ok so, let me repeat myself again. I will be detailing my understanding of the situation and why I decided to ban you.

This started when Gibbs pulled you aside to have a chat as he was receiving reports of your murders from Nomad, so, he didn't see you commit the earlier kills. To my knowledge, Gibbs basically gave you a verbal warning to please be more careful, but let you go because the server was pretty choppy. At the time, yes I was aware of the situation, but I didn't care to be fully informed, as Gibbs was handling it.

It was only until after you had left the server, a conversation sparked between other staff members including Gibbs. The entire situation was reviewed and we looked over your video. We concluded that most of the kills on your footage could have been easily avoided. So, we banned you, and of course, you were contacted afterwards. 

- Kills that got you banned! - note: the First and Last Kill, we took as accidents and they will not be included.

0:41  - No Scoped a Shock PVT whilst not really aiming at anything?

2:00 - If you slow the video down, you can hear trigger sound when Nomad is standing in front of you, not before. even if, if you saw someone potentially getting in the way, it's best not to shoot until after they pass? You have 100 Hours on the server, you should be somewhat familiar with how gunplay and GMOD Hitboxes work. not very cool how you argued with him about it after either...

2:51 - shooting a 400DMG Sniper Rifle whilst strafing back and forth behind a Shock Trooper in CQB isn't exactly a great idea...yes you said it yourself, this was your fault

3:30 - I fail to understand why you would no-scope a zombie, when someone is fighting it with a knife.

ok so, let me be clear. Being High is not an excuse.

However, I can't speak for being off of your other Medications. that will be up to the discretion of Management.

I can't fathom why you would be confused as to why it was done late, when I explained it to you the day of your ban.
image.thumb.png.2372ab8797d44f8a950c17a49266fbd3.png

please feel free to reply with any questions you may have.

signatureblyat.png

Achievements

34 minutes ago, moonbear. said:

0:41  - No Scoped a Shock PVT whilst not really aiming at anything?

At the time I thought that the bullet would be inside the crosshair (as I explained I was under the stupid impression that the gun would be accurate while hip firing)

35 minutes ago, moonbear. said:

2:00 - If you slow the video down, you can hear trigger sound when Nomad is standing in front of you, not before. even if, if you saw someone potentially getting in the way, it's best not to shoot until after they pass? You have 100 Hours on the server, you should be somewhat familiar with how gunplay and GMOD Hitboxes work. not very cool how you argued with him about it after either...

I clicked my mouse before Nomad went into my crosshair. I was focused specifically on what was in my crosshair I wasn't paying attention to the other troopers around me, since, again, I was high and off my meds. NOT AN EXCUSE, JUST ME EXPLAINING. Also, I wasn't arguing with him. That's how I talk to my friends when I'm trying to create comedic relief. I apologize for not explaining this further, but the conversation between me and Nomad was purely just us messing around with each other, and I'm sorry that it looked like I was genuinely upset at him, I wasn't.

The last two kills I admitted was my fault since they were in my crosshair and I still took the shot, thinking that I would hit the zombies.

39 minutes ago, moonbear. said:

I can't fathom why you would be confused as to why it was done late, when I explained it to you the day of your ban...

I don't believe I said that I was confused about why it was done late in the video, I was merely stating that it was done late, and that I felt it was done in bad faith after the message I got from Gibbs and Kuma saying that Gibbs already took care of the situation. No one messaged me about it after I talked to both of the admins in play and, when I got Kuma's message, I felt betrayed.

perfection_50.jpg.62e15c78e81618c7be49436b8df5abc9.jpg

Posted  Edited by ukeji - Edit Reason: spelling/wording edit

Hey so this is Gibbs. Just going to confirm or deny some things that were stated.

Whilst I wasn't completely active during the whole event I was aware of the state of the server & event. The server was chugging quite hard and the frames weren't great. Because of this I was aware that quite a few team kills were happening at the time and pretty much looked over them as due to the state of the server. What caught my eye in particular were Wayne and yourself. However again this was overlooked by myself as Wayne had stated numerous times in chat for players to stop running in front of the established firing line and getting themselves killed, and I basically linked your kills with the situation that Wayne had been experiencing.

Now I only looked into it further after being told by multiple members of Shock I was in call with, that you were team killing quite a lot. Almost blatantly for the sake of team killing, particularly from Nomad. So I had decided to look through your previous 'player combats' and reviewed them, deeming them to be a little odd, however with the state of the server would be understandable. I decided that although circumstances may have not been the best, I would still verbally warn you in the instance that you killed another player within a couple of minutes, which is what I did.

After you had killed Luna I pulled you into a sit in which I told you 'that your not in trouble I'm just here to tell you that you need to check your fire' and soon returned you. This sit was based on the assumption that everything was fine, that a couple honest mistakes happened due to the nature of the server and event.

However. After reviewing the video you posted with other members of staff, a lot of them were stated to be avoidable and unnecessary resulting in your ban. 

Such as hipfiring a 400DMG SNIPER into a frolicking crowd of both zombies and players.

Whilst yes I do apologize for giving you the idea that it was over and done with and that no punishment would be given. That was under the guise that your actions were at least somewhat warranted, in which stated above by Kuma, a lot of them weren't.

Whilst I can't say much for your lack of reasoning or awareness/generally not being in the right mindset due to your lack of medication. Smoking a blunt as well as being aware that the server and your PC is incapable of delivering some of the results you are used to, should at least give you an indicator that some form of a handicap has been placed on you, either willingly or unwillingly and act accordingly in regards to the situation. 

For example: If you know the effects of smoking a blunt and don't act accordingly in regards to the effects as a depressant, then isn't that kind of on you? 

And if you're aware that your PC and the server isn't running to optimal standards, shouldn't you be aware of the situation and that you should perhaps take things a bit slower and more should be taken into considering things.

Again I am unaware of the effects that your medications and mental illness have on you, so the above may be completely wrong.

Edited by ukeji
spelling/wording edit

I understand and take full responsibility for the whole thing, even if I have a different opinion on the ban. Even if I wasn't in the right mindset it doesn't excuse my actions. I'm not here to justify my actions, I'm just here to say that I didn't think that it was deserving of a 1 week ban. If you guys decide that it still is, it won't change the fact that this will be a one time thing and that I learned my lesson. If I gave any other impression than the ones I've stated, I apologize and I will try to make things right later on.

perfection_50.jpg.62e15c78e81618c7be49436b8df5abc9.jpg