Name:

Kage no Yurei

SteamID:

Punished by:

System

Reason for the punishment:

evasion

Why should your punishment be revoked?

I don't have an alt account to log into, I use a VPN but its not against the rules to use, therefore I should be unbanned.

It's just skills not hacks.

Howdy!

Ghost asked me to look into this for you.

To begin, you were not banned for using a VPN. Our evasion system does not factor IP addresses in at all when determining whether to place an evasion ban on your current account because IP addresses are not reliable. Rather, our system generates an identifier for you when you first join the server. The identifier is derived from your SteamID, so it's not possible for the system to assign two users the same ID. This identifier follows you throughout your steam accounts and is shared among all GFL servers. We use this to check for ban evasion. You were banned because this identifier matched a banned user's in the database, which in turn was banned because their identifier matched yours during your initial ban.

I consider the system to be overall in a beta state, since there have been known instances of false positives, however, I do not believe this to be one of those occurrences as, in addition to me manually checking the system's work for anything that would lead to a false positive in this instance, I have identified a couple of other odd links to the account I believe you used to evade.

You seem to have used the exact same VPN IP:

(From All Father's ban, which you would want to not be you in this case):

Screenshot from 2021-12-22 19-55-56.png

Screenshot from 2021-12-22 19-58-11.png

The 167 IP (instances of which are identical between the censored screen captures) address is a VPN hosted on DigitalOcean servers. Of course, this isn't enough alone, but I do find it odd that you would both have used the same VPN and have the same client ID as this person (which, as previously mentioned, is independent of your IP). I also find it odd that you mention having joined the server with a VPN. The ban appears to be on a non-VPN IP address. Only the All-Father account joined with a VPN IP address.

In addition to that, the timing is a bit odd. According to steamid.uk, the All-father account was created the same day as your ban from anarchy was placed.

image.png

image.png

Of course, this could also be a coincidence, but I again find it to be a bit of an odd one.

Overall, I don't believe this was a false positive and would recommend to Ghost and Haxray that the ban remain in place based off of the information I have been able to find.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Howdy!

Ghost asked me to look into this for you.

To begin, you were not banned for using a VPN. Our evasion system does not factor IP addresses in at all when determining whether to place an evasion ban on your current account because IP addresses are not reliable. Rather, our system generates an identifier for you when you first join the server. The identifier is derived from your SteamID, so it's not possible for the system to assign two users the same ID. This identifier follows you throughout your steam accounts and is shared among all GFL servers. We use this to check for ban evasion. You were banned because this identifier matched a banned user's in the database, which in turn was banned because their identifier matched yours during your initial ban.

I consider the system to be overall in a beta state, since there have been known instances of false positives, however, I do not believe this to be one of those occurrences as, in addition to me manually checking the system's work for anything that would lead to a false positive in this instance, I have identified a couple of other odd links to the account I believe you used to evade.

You seem to have used the exact same VPN IP:

(From All Father's ban, which you would want to not be you in this case):

Screenshot from 2021-12-22 19-55-56.png

Screenshot from 2021-12-22 19-58-11.png

The 167 IP (instances of which are identical between the censored screen captures) address is a VPN hosted on DigitalOcean servers. Of course, this isn't enough alone, but I do find it odd that you would both have used the same VPN and have the same client ID as this person (which, as previously mentioned, is independent of your IP). I also find it odd that you mention having joined the server with a VPN. The ban appears to be on a non-VPN IP address. Only the All-Father account joined with a VPN IP address.

In addition to that, the timing is a bit odd. According to steamid.uk, the All-father account was created the same day as your ban from anarchy was placed.

image.png

image.png

Of course, this could also be a coincidence, but I again find it to be a bit of an odd one.

Overall, I don't believe this was a false positive and would recommend to Ghost and Haxray that the ban remain in place based off of the information I have been able to find.

ok, but why would I wait 6 days to play on a server that I was banned on and the ban would have been over with in 48 hours (if my math is correct)? I'm not trying to be mean or anything I'm just kinda confused on some of this I also use a popular VPN. and I also don't have him on my friends list either and also never seen the guy online or heard about him until now. 

It's just skills not hacks.

28 minutes ago, Kage no Yurei said:

ok, but why would I wait 6 days to play on a server that I was banned on and the

I can't answer that for you.

the ban would have been over with in 48 hours

The ban was actually for a week. The alt account joined during the original ban, which triggered the ban of the alt (which then triggered the ban on the main when you joined on that account).

I'm not trying to be mean or anything I'm just kinda confused on some of this I also use a popular VPN.

This isn't really relevant as the VPN is simply a correlating factor (along with the date) to further strengthen the link between the two accounts. Everything beyond the identifier matching is simply additional information that need not be present for the ban to stand.

I also don't have him on my friends list either and also never seen the guy online or heard about him until now. 

I don't really expect you to have added an alt account on your main as that wouldn't really make sense. Would be kind of a dead giveaway in light of other information.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by The1337Gh0st - Edit Reason: added some more context

After some more discussion with Aurora, she has determined that you and All-Father are the same account owners after doing some more investigation that was not already mentioned in this appeal. Therefore, I will be denying this appeal unless it appears that more evidence comes up that clears you of All-Father being linked to your account. You may re-appeal in 3 months.

Edited by The1337Gh0st
added some more context

Achievements