Mangost

Chaos Weekends

basically every weekend just have it up the spawn chances for the rarer neutral roles for more chaotic and exciting games, then on the weekdays its standard, (slightly) more serious/competitive gameplay but on the weekends its more chaotic fun. 
doesn't have to be like super increased spawn chances, but just like so that people can expect to see roles like hidden and slayer in their play sessions on the weekend

professional necromancer

seems like a cool idea, might need to be made only one day of the weekend, but still a cool idea. I think that hidden and other similar roles aren't seen nearly enough (without !force), so making a specific time where they are more common would be a really fun opportunity to try some of them out. I wouldn't make them TOO common though, because part of the fun of the roles come from how rare they are.

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

28 minutes ago, Neon Cat said:

seems like a cool idea, might need to be made only one day of the weekend, but still a cool idea. I think that hidden and other similar roles aren't seen nearly enough (without !force), so making a specific time where they are more common would be a really fun opportunity to try some of them out. I wouldn't make them TOO common though, because part of the fun of the roles come from how rare they are.

yeah i dont mean like every round but like you could expect to see them in a 10 or so round play session during that day/weekend

professional necromancer

I think doing it every weekend may be a bit much because for some players that may be their only opportunity to play and those players may want to actually play competitively / seriously.
I also  think it'd be quite difficult to implement when you consider time-zones, the likelihood for a restart to be required each time, and the fact someone would have to code something that swaps the settings for every role and then back.

These points aside I do think that it'd be a good idea to have a regular event; the server would really live up to the name "Anarchy" during these times. 

Posted  Edited by Mangost
On 1/28/2022 at 12:22 PM, hdscorpio said:

I think doing it every weekend may be a bit much because for some players that may be their only opportunity to play and those players may want to actually play competitively / seriously.
I also  think it'd be quite difficult to implement when you consider time-zones, the likelihood for a restart to be required each time, and the fact someone would have to code something that swaps the settings for every role and then back.

These points aside I do think that it'd be a good idea to have a regular event; the server would really live up to the name "Anarchy" during these times. 

yeah the main idea of it is that there should be a regular event that people should be able to count on happening so if they want to play chaos, they know when to play + it would likely mostly just be about changing the cvars to increase chance of roles spawning, and cvars can be changed without a restart

Edited by Mangost

professional necromancer

• 2 weeks later...

Just maybe just maybe its crazy enough to do. Okay i done with the joke but yea i see this as fine idea tho high admins normally just commands already to do this but yea its okay idea to me.

Just a gamer and helpful person.