hdscorpio

hdscorpio's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by hdscorpio

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

HDScorpio#3932

Why were you banned?: Spamming NSFW images I think, it was a clean ban so it didn't tell me.

Why should you be unbanned?

I'm not really sure why I was banned in the first place to be honest. I'm going to address the "spam" and the "NSFW" seperately. The only image that I had posted was this:

removed in case I get forum perma'd - mods can you check the history of this post to see it - anyone else just go to the "Ride Wife" part of the video linked below.

This was my spray in Anarchy for a long time but I was told to change it at one point so I did. At that time there was pretty mixed agreement about whether or not that's actually a NSFW image, I didn't see it as such. It's literally just a monkey riding a monkey, if it was somehow sexual you're kinda freaky in my opinion, it's a male monkey riding on top of his wife.... and life is good.... If its the "butt cheeks" you take issue with - we show CHILDREN videos of animals with much more prominent asses than this chimp, like mandrills. They do this in schools, with literal 5 year olds. Zoos have it. Is a man riding a horse sexual? Is a male chimp riding his wife sexual? I've posted this image a few times in the discord before over my time here and never has it actually been warned for or muted for.
I understand how you may see that as a NSFW image with the "ride wife" wording but Google / YouTube disagree. The video where I got the image isn't age restricted at all. It has 6.3M views so it's had plenty of opportunity to be reported as NSFW and demonitized / age restricted but it isn't.

TeTYQTI.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcrrUuRoWT4

Secondly the spam.

I posted the link 3 or 4 times, each time the embed didn't work so I deleted the message and tried again until it worked. When it worked I had deleted the broken links. I don't really feel like this is spam at all as most users wouldn't have actually seen the messages I deleted. If this is actually spam I apologize but I honestly deleted the messages quite soon after posting them because the embed wasn't working. I've seen many other users do similar things when an embed isn't working, and the discord is often "spammed" with copypastas and the like. I don't believe that 3 messages can constitute spam.

Other points:

My past warnings include a "NSFW mute" that was for a south park gif I got off the gif keyboard that was removed without appeal before I had even noticed it; a 12h mute for an argument a few months ago; a warning for engaging with baiting.
These warnings altogether don't really seem to stack up to a permanent ban from discord.

I get that the guidelines are "gray" and that sometimes people are harshly punished for infractions but the spam guidelines do say that you'll get a mute for "minor spam" - which 3 messages definitely falls under. I also get that a brand new discord user may have the punishment that was delt to me, but I'm clearly not on the discord to troll and send nsfw images. I actively participate in the discord regularly and play on the GMod server regularly. I mostly keep to the anarchy section of the discord and don't feel that I'm all that disruptive, if you disagree feel free to point it out to me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and maybe integrate a way for clean bans to be notified? I had no idea I was banned until a user reached out to me, cheerio.

Edit to add:

It has been highlighted to me that a clean ban has meant that all my discord messages have been deleted. I've been in the discord for around a year and participated in many many great conversations, and it's a real shame that all of that history between myself and the community has been wiped away over a monkey having a ride on his wife.

Even if this appeal is successful, that just kinda sucks.

Edited by hdscorpio

Posted  Edited by Joshy

You're good.  Sorry about that.  This was a mistake, but checked in with Wayne and we're all in good agreement you should be back.  Your ban has been lifted.

edit:

I forgot to note that while it was a cleanban, it only erased messages within the last 24 hours, and so everything else should be good.  Just mentioning it in case it's of concern.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152