DrippyDogNuts

A Myriad of Suggested Roles

Posted  Edited by DrippyDogNuts

Fairy/Pixie/Sprite:  an innocent role with a collection of "wands" (guns) that inflict good, bad, and neutral effects, depending on the wand. The wands can be used to boost teammates, stifle enemies, or do some trolling. I think the Fairy should begin with three or four random wands out of a large pool, below are some wand suggestions, assume they have a limited ammo. This role would probably be a nightmare to actually create, but it's nice to dream.

gun 1: inflicts moon gravity on the person tagged

gun 2: causes the tagged player's gun to slip out of their hands 

gun 3: temporarily increases the tagged player's speed

gun 4: bind two players with opposite damage (if one is damaged the other heals and if one player heals the other is damaged)

gun 5: temporarily gives a player 1.25x damage

gun 6: turns a player around 180°

gun 7: teleports a player to a random part of the map

gun 8: increases the tagged player's health pool by 1.25x

gun 9: temporarily inflicts a player with nonstop walking

gun 10: give a player a random gift

Witch: The Witch is just a traitor version of the fairy, begins with 3 or 4 random wands with limited ammo out of a pool of wands that they can use to boost their T-buddies or harm innos with. Some of the wands would be the same but there would also be some more powerful ones that I'm too lazy to come up with.

Skinwalker: rare neutral evil role like hidden. Has the ability to steal identities off bodies with E, can imposter kill enemies on a 30 second cooldown, no reload on guns, starts with a radar. The original identity of the skinwalker is revealed 60 seconds into a round, so the player will have to get a false identity off a body to remain undetected. Maybe needs health regen or temporary speed boost on an imposter kill or some other buff but that's basically it.

Benjamin Button: This role is pretty doopy but here it goes. It's an innocent role that starts out a shit ton of health, but moves very slowly, over the course of the round, the player sheds their health and progressively moves faster, eventually being like shinigami fast zooming around the map at 50 or 75 health. It would be cool if the model could get increasingly smaller like the child role, but I don't know if that's possible.

Jekyll and Hyde: Two players, one innocent and one evil, switch roles every 30 seconds. The evil role could be anywhere from a normal traitor to a serial killer. When one player dies, the other player remains as the opposite role. There's no reason for these two roles to exist, but mhexgerszvhsjernts.

Thief: Neutral role with the ability to steal weapons, by pressing E on a player you will automatically steal an item they have bought from a shop, if they have no store-bought items, you will take their primary. They will be alerted that somebody stole their weapon, and they'll have to kill you to get it back. By collecting a certain number of stolen weapons (dependant on server size) you will gain a role (role possibly dependent on the weapons you stole, more traitor weapons means greater chance of becoming traitor.)

Paramedic/Revivalist: innocent role with reviver that can only revive an innocent role within 10 seconds of them dying, the reviver has only 1 charge. Also comes with a healing blow dart gun that can slowly heal a teammate, the revived inno will come back at low health, so this can be used to bring them back to full health. This could possibly be a detective role if you give them the shop. Or it could be an alternative to the survivalist with no shop, called the "Revivalist".

Chef: Innocent role with a "cooking pot" (just a circle) they can place on the ground, bodies/shop items can be used as ingredients to create a random shop weapon, rarely it could be an item from the randy/SK shop. The cooking pot has infinite uses and requires 4 ingredients to be placed in the circle to spawn an item. probably hard as dicks to make so this role can be easily discarded.

Parasite: An unsuspecting innocent is infected with a parasite. When the player dies, they respawn as a parasite in the same location, the host body will die after 60 seconds automatically. The parasite has a smaller player model, and runs fast as fuck like the kobold. They can run away and press E on a player to enter their body, and will respawn on the body when that person dies, the game cannot be won if the parasite is still inside someone. The parasite can only be inside a body for a certain amount of time, but at any point it can press E to kill and exit the host, to go find a new one, if the host player is the last alive, the parasite wins the game. When someone has the parasite enter them, they have no chance, the only way to remove it is death. The parasite cannot pick up guns.

Cleric: Innocent role with a book that causes a moving circular radius on the ground around the player holding it. The cleric can convert non-innocent roles to innocent by keeping them in the radius for 10 seconds. Evil roles will want to stay away from the cleric, since he can prove people by having them stand in the radius, but the book can be stolen upon the clerics death and used by traitors to convert others. This role might be OP as fuck but the fact that any role could get the book to convert people is kinda cool. Could be a detective role? Also probably super hard to make so y'know.

Actor: Inno role that spawns with a gun that when triggered, causes the player to ragdoll and become a dead body, the actor can only stay dead for 30 or 45 seconds, but can get back up at any time. Can be used to fake out traitors that are shooting at them or to hide or provide temporary invulnerability. Weaponized killbinding.

Dazed: the Dazed is a neutral role that can mimic three players and then gets a choice between their three roles. The dazed will not know which role came from who. Alternative to the Drunk. Basically just a mimic undecided. Why not.

Bingus: Spawns every round. Wins every round. Does infinite damage with all-encompassing love that radiates throughout the entire map. Invulnerable to damage. Slowly floats into the sky vanquishing all sinners with his beams of holy light while doing a funny fortnite dance. Ruins the entire server.

orange bingus.jpg

Edited by DrippyDogNuts

Fart

4 minutes ago, killer.foxyLP said:

Paramedic/Revivalist Balance would be that the dead inno has to be dead under 30 seconds so they didnt get alot informations 😄

you have to revive them within 10 seconds of their death, possibly 15.

Edited by DrippyDogNuts

Fart

I think pixie/sprite/fairy shoild be added as two roles: fairy is the innocent one but doesnt have the trolly wands (to reduce the chance of them trolling and ending up in an rdm-like situation) while sprite would be an evil (traitor prob) with everything

professional necromancer

Response:

Fairy/Witch: I like this idea for an innocent role in a similar vein to why i liked alchemist even if it still suffers from 'lack of agency', by virtue of being a fun support item gimmick. My main concern is yet another instantly confirmed Inno inno role, which is why I love that you also included the Witch role with it. Witch and Fairy are both good solid ideas. I approve.

Skinwalker:
Honestly while its cool on paper the advanced disguiser isn't used much because it doesn't change your name in text chat only when looked at. If the Skin Walker's disguise would also need to switch its name else they'll be way too easy to figure out. Additionally, People already aren't a fan of imposter's instant kill so i don't think another role with the same instant kill would be appreciated much. Sure it has a radar and can't reload but that just encourages it more to sit around and abuse its instant kill which could also drive people to mass annoyance. Im not sure the skin walker really needs to be revealed automatically either. Not big on this one but far from bad.

Benjamin Button:
No, just sounds really frustrating and annoying to play as.

Jekyll and Hyde:
Fun idea actually for a gimmick role but I dont think we would be likely to use it for similar reasons we had to remove bodyguard(Rapidly switching team affiliation usually leads to accidental team kill/karma lost due to bad timing, and this would likely suffer the same issues). Solid idea but not particularly good for a public server set-up. would be great in a smaller scale match with a friend group though.

Thief:
Fun, but the fact you simply get a role after collecting weapons feels underwelming. This heavily reminds me of a planned Thief Rework that was discussed in general as it also had a stealing items mechanic but in a different way. Said version kept the Workshop Thief's "win whenever another team would win", but made it that the Thief's identity woudl be given away if they don't steal an item from someone once a minute, to force them to have to interact with the round instead of just sitting in a corner, while being more unique than just 'murder people lol". 

Paramedic:
Could work as a normal non-D innocent role. The 10 second time limit is incredibly important due to how overpowered a revive mechanic on innocent team is without massive drawbacks, as it forces the Paramedic to only be able to do its job by putting itself at risk essentially, while offering Ts/evils more counterplay by virtue of being able to stop the paramedic and knowing the paramedic has to do something within a short time frame. Bonus points, making it an Innocent instead of a Detective means it offers a way for Mesmerist to claim a fake role while holding out their Defib, and also means the Paramedic cannot be instantly proven to be the Paramedic. 

Chef:
Seems kinda gimmicky and not much point out of it, + the difficulty of working body interactions into it. Plus im not a big fan that this Innocent role is encouraged to grab bodies and delete them to get a shop item, as this would likely cause way too many situations where an overeager chef grabs a body with DNA on it and just stuffs it into the pot, hurting their Detectives/teammates.

Parasite:
I like the idea, but I feel that the Parasite should be told they are the Parasite at the start of the round, to avoid an issue that Revenant, a similar Inno turned Neutral has, where the ruling becomes iffy if you find out your role before actually dying + chance of not getting to enjoy your role. Additionally, as having to effectively be team killed to get rid of the Parasite if there is only Innos/Traitors left is annoying as that will murder Karma + feel incredibly bullshit if a new player has it and says nothing, I feel like the person infected with the Parasite should join the Parasite team and win with the Parasite. (The original Parasite would still be the one spawning in when they die, but it makes the player that is infected feel less fucked as well as other players not losing karma).

Cleric:
Its literally just a walking tester, like our current Priest but way more OP. This would have to fall into the grounds of 'rule enforcement' as well, as other wise logically you would just shoot anyone who doesn't get in the circle. I hate having to enforce the "dont force test" rule in the first place, as it feels un-natural to not be able to kill someone for doing a logically evil thing(why would a non-evil refuse to get tested?), but it has to be done due to the amount of popular maps with incredibly stupid and overpowered Innocent testers available from the get go. 

Actor:
Good idea but has a major problem of being able to quickly prove themselves at the start of the round. We already have the Detectives, Survivalist, Priest, and Pharaoh who can all easily instantly prove themselves Innocent. It gets to a point where if too many Innocent roles exist that instantly prove themselves that the evils start to suffer dramatically. While we could mess around with role layers to limit the amount that spawn, that is a massive PITA and results in all of the roles being rarer(plus the fact for some reason you can't make it "only X of these roles spawn", and the only option is "only 1 of these"). 

Dazed:
I don't see much the point of this, as this is way too similar to Mimic.

Bingus:
Already in development thank you for your Genius.

3 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Parasite:
I like the idea, but I feel that the Parasite should be told they are the Parasite at the start of the round, to avoid an issue that Revenant, a similar Inno turned Neutral has, where the ruling becomes iffy if you find out your role before actually dying + chance of not getting to enjoy your role. Additionally, as having to effectively be team killed to get rid of the Parasite if there is only Innos/Traitors left is annoying as that will murder Karma + feel incredibly bullshit if a new player has it and says nothing, I feel like the person infected with the Parasite should join the Parasite team and win with the Parasite. (The original Parasite would still be the one spawning in when they die, but it makes the player that is infected feel less fucked as well as other players not losing karma).

I agree with just about everything you responded with, particularly the Parasite changes you suggested, I would change the role in the following ways: The Parasite should know it's role from the beginning and should start in with normal body, but at any time it can leave it's host body (maybe an accompanying smoke effect to help the parasite slip away and signify to other players that a parasite left a host). Every person the parasite enters should be added to the team as a subclass called Host/Husk/Infested. I still think that the parasite should be able to exit the host at any time, killing them in process, this can be used for sneak attacks on crowds if the host is sneaky; Although many times a host will simply go on a killing spree and die, setting the parasite loose. I worry that this role is unviable due to the shittiness of the E press on other players, but maybe there's another way the parasite could infest someone. Let me know if you think this role has any potential.

Edited by DrippyDogNuts

Fart

3 hours ago, DrippyDogNuts said:

I agree with just about everything you responded with, particularly the Parasite changes you suggested, I would change the role in the following ways: The Parasite should know it's role from the beginning and should start in with normal body, but at any time it can leave it's host body (maybe an accompanying smoke effect to help the parasite slip away and signify to other players that a parasite left a host). Every person the parasite enters should be added to the team as a subclass called Host/Husk/Infested. I still think that the parasite should be able to exit the host at any time, killing them in process, this can be used for sneak attacks on crowds if the host is sneaky; Although many times a host will simply go on a killing spree and die, setting the parasite loose. I worry that this role is unviable due to the shittiness of the E press on other players, but maybe there's another way the parasite could infest someone. Let me know if you think this role has any potential.

2 thingswould ideally need to be solved for that:

1. Letting the parasite communicate with the host in some way for the left click kill to be more useful.

2. Instead of E it could just be an unique swep that does it, that should be a lot more reliable.

I feel like if its given an unique swep it should prob have some kind of cooldown before it can possess someone again to give people a chance to shoot it.