lobsterpaw

role/item that allows players to view extra info from bodies

often, detectives do not do their jobs. they may do their best to kill traitors just like any other innocent would do, but it's rare that they take advantage of all of their abilities, and that's understandable- there's a lot, and you have a target on your back. i have a couple of proposals for how to solve this. 

1. the role solution- an innocent role (maybe named investigator or psychic?) whose ability is being able to see a corpse's last seen player, adding the body's info to the scoreboard, and perhaps a shop with limited items, like a radar, the stalker's new tracker item, and a dna scanner? 
  2. the item solution- a deputizing gun. a detective could buy this item, and it would be used to "deputize" a player, similar to how a jackal can sidekick someone. this player would gain the aforementioned abilities and maybe be tagged as "innocent" for all players?

now for my reasoning- we all know the feeling of priest deagling someone, dying, and watching your sacrifice go unnoticed because the detective is propsurfing, doing an easter egg, or just not paying attention. i get it. not everyone wants to play ttt for that kind of gameplay. i think both solutions could go a long way to allow innocents to access more of the valuable info that they so desperately rely on. detectives who are less interested in sleuthing and stuff can delegate that responsibility, and it's just fun to have a partner as a detective. thanks!

piss

Role solution would be easy to do as it would be simple to just add a flag to an innocent that gives it the abilities of a detective (i.e. it can be called to bodies and can see the last person seen on a body). However, this also relies upon updating to the latest version of TTT2, so this would be something that I would consider adding whenever it ends up happening.

As for the Deputy Deagle idea, this would have several issues. Cpt.Haxray explains it the best in this post about the Sheriff's Deputy Deagle:

Spoiler

Essentially this is a Innocent role with a D shop that has access to a free instant kill of their choice on any evil role they desire, and even better than an instant kill, it also adds them to their own team! Not to mention deals with those pesky Markers and Jesters. Incredibly powerful, ontop of the fact that if the person shot was a Traitor or Sidekick, they now have the ability to Rat out all of their former teammates, essentially instantly discovering the vast majority of the T team or the main Jackal.

Additionally, it is REALLY not fun to lose your round as a Neutral evil or Traitor due to the Sherriff randomly deciding to shoot you with his magic Deputy deagle, turning you into what is essentially a normal Innocent who will die if the original Sherriff dying. Dying due to means out of your control is not fun, and being the Deputy is essentially playing as a crippled version of the normal Innocent, which is already boring enough for a lot of people, ESPECIALLY when you lost your more exciting role for this. 

Achievements

9 hours ago, The1337Gh0st said:

Role solution would be easy to do as it would be simple to just add a flag to an innocent that gives it the abilities of a detective (i.e. it can be called to bodies and can see the last person seen on a body). However, this also relies upon updating to the latest version of TTT2, so this would be something that I would consider adding whenever it ends up happening.

As for the Deputy Deagle idea, this would have several issues. Cpt.Haxray explains it the best in this post about the Sheriff's Deputy Deagle:

Hide contents

Essentially this is a Innocent role with a D shop that has access to a free instant kill of their choice on any evil role they desire, and even better than an instant kill, it also adds them to their own team! Not to mention deals with those pesky Markers and Jesters. Incredibly powerful, ontop of the fact that if the person shot was a Traitor or Sidekick, they now have the ability to Rat out all of their former teammates, essentially instantly discovering the vast majority of the T team or the main Jackal.

Additionally, it is REALLY not fun to lose your round as a Neutral evil or Traitor due to the Sherriff randomly deciding to shoot you with his magic Deputy deagle, turning you into what is essentially a normal Innocent who will die if the original Sherriff dying. Dying due to means out of your control is not fun, and being the Deputy is essentially playing as a crippled version of the normal Innocent, which is already boring enough for a lot of people, ESPECIALLY when you lost your more exciting role for this. 

Not sure if this is possible or not and/or if it would be overpowered or would render the item useless or not but what if the deputising gun instead of revealing that player as an innocent it instead just gives them the abilities of the role reguardless of their team and gives that player a overhead role icon that works similar to that of pirates / sidekicks where only the detective can see it so that they know who they hit, this way it is;

1. Ambiguious as to if they actually deputised an innocent or someone who is evil or neutral which is just pretending to be innocent to remove the whole missing out on a funner role / instantly creating a proven innocent. 
  2. Harder for the rest of the population to trust a persons claim they were deputised after the detectives are dead since they don't have any way to verify.

It could still be argued that it could give deputised evils / neutrals a pass to kill someone with the excuse they had DnA but then again if everyone has the knowledge that the deputised person doesn't necissarily have to be innocent they are less likely to let them get away with killing an innocent even with the claim of having DNA on them.

gay

On 5/5/2022 at 2:07 AM, RealUberZ said:

Not sure if this is possible or not and/or if it would be overpowered or would render the item useless or not but what if the deputising gun instead of revealing that player as an innocent it instead just gives them the abilities of the role reguardless of their team and gives that player a overhead role icon that works similar to that of pirates / sidekicks where only the detective can see it so that they know who they hit, this way it is;

1. Ambiguious as to if they actually deputised an innocent or someone who is evil or neutral which is just pretending to be innocent to remove the whole missing out on a funner role / instantly creating a proven innocent. 
  2. Harder for the rest of the population to trust a persons claim they were deputised after the detectives are dead since they don't have any way to verify.

It could still be argued that it could give deputised evils / neutrals a pass to kill someone with the excuse they had DnA but then again if everyone has the knowledge that the deputised person doesn't necissarily have to be innocent they are less likely to let them get away with killing an innocent even with the claim of having DNA on them.

this is pretty much what i had in mind, but i think it might be too complex to code. i agree with you entirely that it would add a lot of intrigue and make for some really fun confusion

piss