Niikos

ZE Map cooldown

A request to increase general map cooldown on the server to ~100 instead of the current 70(?) to allow for more map variety as more maps have been added to the server and to eliminate a stagnating feeling of playing most of the same maps every other day. *If possible, is there a way to have a more live update map cooldown system? i.e. Maps with more playtime/plays have a longer cd vs those with less to also allow for more diverse map selections. Yes alot of the maps may seem dated, stale in gameplay and unpopular so there is that drawback, also the most common maps played are generally "good" maps, popular, what the players seem to want hence why they get voted as often as they do, regardless suggesting such a change to see if it'd shake things up a bit. Curious as what others think? Current cooldowns seem fine? If yes/no, do you only play ZE for certain maps anyways so it doesn't really affect you, or do you play alot and not care so much as to what the maps are?

Posted  Edited by TF2 Pencil

raising global cd on all maps were already made in over a half a year ago. I think another changes cant be made until next year or later unless even more maps gets added.

Over 90% of the map list has maps with a cd of 70 which sounded too common. So why not put more of them on 80?

Edited by TF2 Pencil

2 hours ago, Niikos said:

do you only play ZE for certain maps anyways so it doesn't really affect you

Yeah, what kind of losers only get on ZE just for certain maps that may or may not have insta-killing balls and schwinging thingies?

The only issue I see is that the server's population will see much more apparent fluctuations in activity due to many regulars not wanting to stay on for the maps they enjoy, but hopefully will expose more players to some underplayed maps. Although, that could also result in many Member players crying for their favorite Luff or laser maps to come by faster, wanting to RTV every map until it gets off CD. 

Just my 2 cents, I believe we could try this out on the server for about a month or maybe a couple weeks and see how the server adjusts. That is, ultimately, Vauff's decision however.

7 hours ago, Niikos said:

A request to increase general map cooldown on the server to ~100 instead of the current 70(?) to allow for more map variety as more maps have been added to the server and to eliminate a stagnating feeling of playing most of the same maps every other day. *If possible, is there a way to have a more live update map cooldown system? i.e. Maps with more playtime/plays have a longer cd vs those with less to also allow for more diverse map selections. Yes alot of the maps may seem dated, stale in gameplay and unpopular so there is that drawback, also the most common maps played are generally "good" maps, popular, what the players seem to want hence why they get voted as often as they do, regardless suggesting such a change to see if it'd shake things up a bit.

At some points i totally agree with increase CD to 100 but if that happens, then they should increase the CD on troll maps like Mars, Platformer, Atix panic (old and new version), arctic and Evil_Mansion. These maps are very popular and we play every single day because they want to troll a lot.  

Maybe also increase the CD to 100 on all surf maps (also very popular and played every single day) too.

7 hours ago, Niikos said:

Curious as what others think? Current cooldowns seem fine? If yes/no, do you only play ZE for certain maps anyways so it doesn't really affect you, or do you play alot and not care so much as to what the maps are?

Also about that question it depends on the timezone and player numbers. But as i said they should increase the CD on troll maps and maybe on all surf maps.

2 hours ago, Yae Miko said:

At some points i totally agree with increase CD to 100 but if that happens, then they should increase the CD on troll maps like Mars, Platformer, Atix panic (old and new version), arctic and Evil_Mansion. These maps are very popular and we play every single day because they want to troll a lot.  

Maybe also increase the CD to 100 on all surf maps (also very popular and played every single day) too.

How about no nom day from Monday to Saturday, only nom day on Sunday, my friend :))

Posted  Edited by Yae Miko
1 hour ago, number2 said:

How about no nom day from Monday to Saturday, only nom day on Sunday, my friend :))

Good idea but i think many people will quit 🙂

Edited by Yae Miko

3 hours ago, Yae Miko said:

Also about that question it depends on the timezone and player numbers. But as i said they should increase the CD on troll maps and maybe on all surf maps.

A general cd increase on all maps to 100 to allow for variety. so yes, troll maps included. but also why i ask if it's possible to have a bot or something run a live-feed esque cd updater based off of map picks to allow for more unplayed maps to have a lower cd vs higher played ones, not so much as making santa 500 map cd for example, but a slight difference maybe. Not sure if that's possible though.

You guys have already lost enough players as is, no longer 64/64 24/7 restricting the maps further is just going to push away the dedicated players who like certain maps. If you want variety that's great but don't force it onto people, that's what the random map vote option is for. 

On 7/7/2022 at 6:08 AM, AsNKrysis said:

Yeah, what kind of losers only get on ZE just for certain maps that may or may not have insta-killing balls and schwinging thingies?

The only issue I see is that the server's population will see much more apparent fluctuations in activity due to many regulars not wanting to stay on for the maps they enjoy, but hopefully will expose more players to some underplayed maps. Although, that could also result in many Member players crying for their favorite Luff or laser maps to come by faster, wanting to RTV every map until it gets off CD. 

Frankly, the server's obsessions with LoTR maps is highly offputting. Every night during prime time hours it's one of the many LoTR maps in the list almost without fail.

• 1 month later...