Nabandonne

An ever expanding list of sub-Innocent Roles.

I think these innocent roles could be good, either how they come or with some changes. 

Medic - Innocent that spawns with a rechargable medkit. Patching up a player consumes a charge equal to however much health was gone. The max charge is 40. 

Detective's Assistant - Innocent with a DNA scanner. Upgraded to Detective upon their deaths. 

Romantic - Can select one player as a lover. If their lover dies, they receive a one-time radar ping of the murderer. 

Shark - Sort of like a mobile DNA tester. The Shark can see blood on players, and if the body was identified, who the blood belongs to. 

Spellbound - Sort of operates like the Priest, with the ability to cast a hex on a player. This hex is positive and provides a small amount of armor and causes the player to have a small aura around them that can regenerate hurt players. I'd imagine the hex would have a timely cool down and last for a short period of time. 

Yours truly,
The Cruel Shark Lord, Nabandonne.

I really like the idea of Romantic, ableit i think a single one time radar ping could be a bit too hard to notice. Perhaps a super short lived wall-hack styled outline of the killer alongside a sound of some kind could work(Kinda like Dead by Daylight's noise notification).

Medic isn't a terrible idea, except for some internal considerations to replace sandwich for survivalist/detective with a medkit to avoid confusion with Traitor Sandwiches(Which we've not decided 100% on doing or not).  If so we would need to find some other healing device.

Detective's Assistant is kinda overpowered since the entire point of the Detective role is the DNA scanner as it is incredibly powerful when used properly to the point of having several T shop items(Flaregun, Decoy) designed solely around preventing DNA from being scanned. This role is effectively free bonus Detectives + can easily instant confirm their role due to the DNA scanner.

Spellbound is really cool and i like the idea of an Innocent buff role that chooses who to buff, hense why i tried out Guardian for a while til it got a bit too buggy.

Im confused as to what the Shark role actually does. How does it see "Blood"? What causes Blood to be left on the person? 

I didn't know how to word the Shark role well, but so it's like visual DNA. The player with blood on them would have a red-hue to their model. They'd only have it if the killer was next to their victim, but it would only last for thirty seconds or so.

Romantic could also maybe have a permanent wall-hack of their lover until death. And then their killer has that five seconds or so of a passed on wall-hack that could have a different color to it. Like blue for their lover and then red for the killer so you'd be able to watch out for the color and react better, plus the sound effect of when the beloved dies. 

Yours truly,
The Cruel Shark Lord, Nabandonne.

Hmm, i think shark is a bit too similar to Sniffer and also a bit overpowered. That could be easily abused to instant out anyone, especially if the Shark isn't revealed as a Detective role in some way. 

If the Shark was a Detective, made it obvious there was a Shark in the round, then it could be fine but still very similar to Sniffer's intended use case.

i like the romantic as a concept but i think it'd be better/add intrigue if you were assigned a lover at the start of the round who was guaranteed to be innocent. i like the wallhack idea for your lover, but it'd be too similar to stalker (albeit innocent) if you could choose your lover. 

piss