bfk

Only getting ~200 FPS with i5-6600k + 1070 (CSGO

Hey,

So I recently built a computer with a i5-6600k and a GTX 1070 (the one with the triple fans). It seems that I only get 200ish FPS on low settings (resolution 4:3 with black bars 1024x768). I feel that I am missing something and that I should be getting more FPS. Or am I overestimating the CPU+GPU set up?

This is on CSGO BTW.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah this isn't normal, I have an i5-4460 with a GTX 1070 and I get ~299 FPS (300 FPS Cap). Also, running the settings you say you're running your PC should be getting more FPS. One thing you can try (you might have) is setting the max FPS through console. Type fps_max 300 and turn off vsync. Keep in mind that there is another command to change the FPS in the main screen. If you still can't seem to get it fixed you can PM me or find me in TeamSpeak, I'm usually on around 8-10 PM EST.

4 hours ago, SkittlezExZ said:

Yeah this isn't normal, I have an i5-4460 with a GTX 1070 and I get ~299 FPS (300 FPS Cap). Also, running the settings you say you're running your PC should be getting more FPS. One thing you can try (you might have) is setting the max FPS through console. Type fps_max 300 and turn off vsync. Keep in mind that there is another command to change the FPS in the main screen. If you still can't seem to get it fixed you can PM me or find me in TeamSpeak, I'm usually on around 8-10 PM EST.

I PM'd you and I will be on the teamspeak tonight to see if you are on :)