Ben

Clan - Skill Of The Week & Events

Posted  Edited by Benroyjam

All discussions will be held here. I tend to make one event weekly. Right now, I'm open for any skills to be suggested. As for the rewards, anyone who gained most XP will get 500k, which I'll begin doing that reward each weeks. 

For events, I suggest we do some bossing or castle wars. 

Edited by Benroyjam

76561198043643390.png

I recommend a F2P "Mining Guild Raid" in Fally.  It's a very classic event, and you'll be able to attract both F2P and P2P players in a very public and mostly-accessible area of the game.  Even if people don't like mining...  people love to chill in Fally and chit-chat; also: A small group could ring-around some of the rocks, and if the event is large enough, then you can congo between all the rocks advertising GFL.  Lastly, the drop party room is nearby, and this could be used to attract attention.

Depending on the day and time...  I may be willing to join you for such an event.  My schedule is a mess this month though.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'm going to suggest agility. I'm preparing to train that skill, and I will propose that anyone with most xp gained will win GP. All you need to get is XP tracker if you aren't using OSBuddy. 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Ben, I think your thoughts on this are not really fitting right.

Are a lot of GFL members already RuneScape players with members?  I don't think so.  If you're going to advertise something here, then you'll probably want to create events that are F2P, easy to do, typically more social or helping new players, and give them a pathway into your RunesScape chain of command (leadership); give them incentive as it seems many GFL kids are looking for ways to earn different titles and badges (possibly a RS mini division badge in the future?)

Aside from that: These events are great if you already have momentum in the game, but it didn't sound to me that you had that.  If you do happen to have a lot of RuneScape people already who are not in GFL, then your next steps should be to attract them to our community boards and show them the other features GFL offers them.  This is how you take advantage of the mini-division idea and possibly turn it into a full-blown division.  They'll join us and begin to play other games, or when it's time for them to transition beyond RuneScape, they may choose us for the other games; also: They'll get involved with ideas, network and create a team dynamic GFL didn't have previous to this division.  It'll enhance everyone's fun.

You've really got to milk this opportunity and cater to your audience.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152