1mpact

nominating 'normal' CSGO maps in ZE

Should we add matchmaking and casual csgo maps to the zombie escape nomination list?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add matchmaking and casual csgo maps to the zombie escape nomination list?

• YES!
    • yes, but only if restrictions on how often they could be played were added
    • no

Posted  Edited by 1mpact

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to make a quick post to request that the sever allows the 'normal' csgo maps to be nominated. Although we occasionally play on 'de' maps I've noticed that many players really enjoyed it, as the maps were often getting voted to be extended.   These maps also seem to be friendlier to players newer to zombie escape  as they are playing on maps they're familiar with . However, as the notion of adding this maps to the nomination list is carcinogenic, it may be necessary to add restrictions on the amount of times these maps could be nominated. These restrictions might need to be in place as despite the 12 map break for maps after they have been played, people may just vote for matchmaking maps and this may annoy players who want to play maps solely designed for ze. Although these maps may not be zombie 'escape' maps as such, they are still very enjoyable and require a cooperative effort just like any zombie escape map. It's after analysing  both the pros and cons of this hypothetical addition that i personally believe these maps should be added to the nomination list, but with restrictions on how often they could be nominated.  

PS: in my country that's how we spell analysing

Edited by 1mpact

Posted  Edited by Vauff

I don't think it's a good idea. When we play the non ze_ maps it's usually just everyone going to a hold point and defending for however long the round time is set to, that's ZM and not ZE. The reason a lot of people find it fun is probably only because we don't do it often and it's different. If it became a regular thing both those reasons for it being fun would be negated because it would be a regular thing. Keeping it to playing one every now and then for fun as set by an admin is a much better system in my opinion.

Edited by Vauff

3 hours ago, Vauff said:

I don't think it's a good idea. When we play the non ze_ maps it's usually just everyone going to a hold point and defending for however long the round time is set to, that's ZM and not ZE. The reason a lot of people find it fun is probably only because we don't do it often and it's different. If it became a regular thing both those reason for it being fun would be negated because it would become a regular thing. Keeping to playing one every now and then for fun as set by an admin is a much better system in my opinion.

We do it after too many hardcore maps get played to let some of the easy fun parts of ZE happen. Also most DE maps crash the server.

Achievements