turboshoot

Question about the ZE server

Hey guys, love the ZE server. Just one quick question, is there a reason that Humans don't get points when they successfully clear a map and a reason why zombies don't get points when they successfully win? Just wondering because I remember playing ZE in CSS all the time and those things would always happen (even in your ZE server in CSS I believe). Thanks.

2 minutes ago, turboshoot said:

Hey guys, love the ZE server. Just one quick question, is there a reason that Humans don't get points when they successfully clear a map and a reason why zombies don't get points when they successfully win? Just wondering because I remember playing ZE in CSS all the time and those things would always happen (even in your ZE server in CSS I believe). Thanks.

There are some maps that give you points for winning the level as a human, I dont see why zombies need points for winning though (Only like on minas or skyrim where there are zm level items)

Chill Water Fall.gif

Posted  Edited by turboshoot

I think giving zombies points for winning prevents a lot of zombies from going AFK when getting infected so that the humans don't get easy wins. Just my opinion though. Of course the amount recieved would be a lot smaller than if humans win however.

Edited by turboshoot

Points were pretty low incentive in the long run for the vast majority of players. In css, they were used for ranks at most, and most people didnt care much about ranks to begin with.

No harm in addin it, but then again its not going to prevent alot of zombies from going afk either.

The CSGO server actually does record points at https://stats.gflclan.com/. We stopped displaying points in the server sometime in 2016 when everything was reset. I personally like the concept of points used in the CSS server (get rewards for consistently playing on the server), but I don't think this server really needs to be implementing all these ideas. (I mean the population doesn't need incentives to keep playing at this time).

Also for those who don't know what "points" we are talking about, points are earned through winning maps, infecting humans, playing for a certain amount of time on the server in one play session, etc. They all are stored at https://stats.gflclan.com/ and at the end of each month the player with the most points gets a reward like free VIP or skins. The points are reset and the next month of gathering points begin.

1 hour ago, gkuo88 said:

Points were pretty low incentive in the long run for the vast majority of players. In css, they were used for ranks at most, and most people didnt care much about ranks to begin with.

No harm in addin it, but then again its not going to prevent alot of zombies from going afk either.

There is an incentive to get higher ranks for source. Top 25 and Top 50 players both have an exclusive skin while Top 12 gets free vip for the next month.

What the guys above me said. I'm talking about the HLStats points not the points that are displayed in game each map. I'm not sure if it costs extra to have that feature added in HLstats which is why I'm asking why it hasn't been added since every other zombie server seems to give people points for winning a round as humans. It just adds an incentive for people to win because at this point in time if you actually care about stats/rank in HLstats then the best way to go about doing it is to edge and infect CTs after you are infected since the only way to get points is to get kills as of right now. 

while it adds an incentive for people to play/win, it also adds an incentive for people to afk on maps, or to purposely die in maps and kill everyone else for points. Adding points to increase popularity to an already full 24/7 server seems pointless

18 hours ago, Aze said:

So lets say we do get points, what will we do with it then?

use them to increase your epenis size and brag about it

17 hours ago, The Q-man said:

There is an incentive to get higher ranks for source. Top 25 and Top 50 players both have an exclusive skin while Top 12 gets free vip for the next month.

I'm telling you out of experience that most people just aren't going to care. Just because there is incentive doesn't mean people are going to go for it. For a server that has thousands of visitors, a good deal of them know that they don't have a chance at the top 100. And that's even under the assumption that they know about such a system in the first place. 

Before the top 25/50 thing on css, almost no one cared about the ranking system, probably because the same people proceeded to dominate it for the longest time, and only a few were close enough to even get near the top 10. After the change where points where refreshed monthly, people did care for a bit, and then they kinda stopped caring. Probably because the same problems persisted, just now on a monthly basis. The same people just generally took up the top spaces. And it probably wasn't because they were going for the rankings. It was just that they played zombie escape alot more often than other people. In order for others to catch up to them, alot of players will have to consider if they even had several hours to spare every day for zombie escape.

In the end of it, you either play alot of zombie escape naturally, or you aren't willing to play several hours a day just to get in the top 100 some spots.

5 hours ago, turboshoot said:

What the guys above me said. I'm talking about the HLStats points not the points that are displayed in game each map. I'm not sure if it costs extra to have that feature added in HLstats which is why I'm asking why it hasn't been added since every other zombie server seems to give people points for winning a round as humans. It just adds an incentive for people to win because at this point in time if you actually care about stats/rank in HLstats then the best way to go about doing it is to edge and infect CTs after you are infected since the only way to get points is to get kills as of right now. 

That argument gives people more intensive to inflate because they'll automatically get points for winning as a zombie. HLStats is for faggots and the vast majority of players don't care about it or even know it's on the server due to the commands being set to hidden by default. The main purpose of it is to keep track of player data and server statistics.

HLStats is free and it would take 2 seconds to make a change to it but there's no need for it. The reason why most CS:S servers had it is because it was enabled by default and they probably never bothered to edit it.

If you want to get anywhere near the top 50 you'll have to inflate every round with 20-60 days of playtime.

48c324ee37.png

Or you can get good like me and do it in 1/20th of the time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)