Cassie

SCP-038 "The Everything Tree"

Posted  Edited by Duc2000

Due to the fact that we need more Item SCPs, I thought I'd suggest something relevant to them.

SCP-038

"SCP-038 was found on an abandoned farm in █████████████, New York, in 19██. It was at first thought to be a common apple tree. However, upon closer inspection, it became apparent that SCP-038 was growing things other than apples and, in fact, other than fruit."

SCP-038 has the ability to replicate anything that touches its bark, be it living or not. However, it does have some effects on the quality of these things. 

In Game:

In Breach, the SCP should be an apple tree. It needs to be in a room with at least a level 4 access. Owing to the fact that there is no space at Site 19, this SCP should not be on site 19-I just don't know where it could be placed there. Therefore, it should be on the other maps. In lore it was at Site-23, but since we do not have that map, may as well put it on other maps. I don't have any good suggestions for where on those maps, I haven't gotten to play them recently. There is one place where I know it could be: If you didn't know, @Doomnack is making a wonderful map we will hopefully use. He recently leaked a picture of an apple tree with the message that he had an idea for it... (No I did not get this idea from him, I thought of it 5 seconds before going to that post, lol)

Regardless, the way the SCP would work in game would be to clone stuff. You through stuff at the trunk, and it comes out as a clone. It should have a 1 minute cooldown and take about 30 seconds to generate an item, maybe more time for a cloned player.Cloned items would appear exactly the same as the original, with some minor details:

--Guns would have a medium, say 5-10%chance to literally jam while firing and stop firing, requiring a reload to fix

--Stunsticks/Crowbars would have a chance to break while swinging, pretty minor (maybe 1% or less)

--Keycards would have a chance to break when using them, maybe 20% or so

--Medkits would have a chance to do nothing when used but still disappear from inventory, %50 chance

--SCP 500, per the lore, would have a 30% chance to work when used, this chance would decrease as time from cloning increases if posible. Any infection healed by a cloned SCP 500 would still give the user the symptoms but not allow it to spread if possible, for example a 610-2 would still be infected if it was used on it but would be unable to do anything, poor thing.

--People cloned would die in 3 minutes. To clone yourself you would have to walk over to the trunk and touch it. A person from spectator would be chosen to spawn as you but a clone. Their text would read "You are a cloned (insert class here). You have the same purpose as your creator: (insert class purpose here). 

--SCPs cloned from it would die in 3 minutes and have the same abilities as the original. However, if an animated SCP that shows no life signs, such as 173, were cloned it would be very slow at moving, but, in the case of 173, it would be able to move while you are looking at it. Other animated-but-not-alive SCPs would have similar abilities, being very slow at moving but no longer having a weakness.

Why We Need this:

This SCP would:

--Make maps other than site 19 have a cool thing that site 19 does not have, increasing the people that like those maps

--Allow more items to spawn on maps that do not have a lot of items

--Increase the use of item SCPs

If you have any changes to the chance things please comment them below. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Duc2000

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Definitely a +1 but I think It should have a general cool down so you can’t clone your entire inventory and yourself in the span of 5 seconds. Or at least an item cap before a cool down, like it can only clone 3 or so things before a 30s break

3 hours ago, strawberry crab said:

+1 but I see this being abused easily if more then one clone can be spawned per player. Is there any cap off for this scp? What other scps (besides 173) would this effect? 

1 hour ago, cd326s said:

Definitely a +1 but I think It should have a general cool down so you can’t clone your entire inventory and yourself in the span of 5 seconds. Or at least an item cap before a cool down, like it can only clone 3 or so things before a 30s break

Forgot to add should have a 1 minute cool down and items need to take ~30 seconds to appear

Achievements

image.png.512bea35669abb80175adc67cf4be647.png

image.thumb.png.a8ffedec66e52858d608f328148c2749.png

(duc tree)

Very nice suggestion.

I was planning to make this suggestion once I was nearly finished with my map, and I wanted it to be very simple too.

But you gave the objects a chance to become defected on use. Now that one tryhard Class-D can't dispense O5s to everyone, but that's the point, so the nerf is well deserved. +1

Though the player cloning thing made me a bit hesitant. I don't think it's needed, and I guess you could just have good ol' corpse1.mdl fall from the tree when a living thing is created. If you really want it, the life timer may needed to be shorten or the players that spawn should be defective in some short of way as well. Creating a bunch of SCPs may prove a problem for others.

1 minute ago, Doomnack said:

Though the player cloning thing made me a bit hesitant. I don't think it's needed, and I guess you could just have good ol' corpse1.mdl fall from the tree when a living thing is created. If you really want it, the life timer may needed to be shorten or the players that spawn should be defective in some short of way as well. Creating a bunch of SCPs may prove a problem for others.

While that is true, if it requires a level 4 or even a 5 it will be harder to access, especially for scps, and the cooldown/time to generate means you can't make a million of something. Also, the time to generate may be a bit long now that I think about it, it may be better at like 15 seconds or so.

Achievements